Darrylin
Participant
Registered since

Oct 18, 2020

Re: Alexa Multiroom music simultaneously on Bose and echo devices

Thanks so much for sending that photo. I have (2) Bose home 450 speakers each connected to inputs but still couldn’t get to sync. After seeing how your dot is red I did the same. I can now play Bose and (3) Echo devices in multi room.  Thanks again!

Wayne71
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2020

Re: Alexa Multiroom music simultaneously on Bose and Echo devices

Bose speaker 300. 
I have a new Bose home speaker 300 and I have connected it to Alexa system. 
I can’t seem to find a way to connect it to the everywhere network so that it will play with my other Amazon speakers at the same time. 
Surely this must be possible?

I know this can be done with other 3rd party speakers so a quality brand in Bose must be achievable?

Nahartley@btinternet.com
Participant
Registered since

Jan 1, 2021

Hi. I have the same problem. Bose SoundTouch connected to living room amp and Bose speakers. Just got amazon echo and echo dot. Connected SoundTouch to Alexa but cannot connect it to everywhere group to play multiroom on Bose speakers and echo and echo dot. Why not????! 

Rogik
Participant
Registered since

Jul 7, 2020

Wow, just bought Bose Portable speaker in addition to my Soundbar 700 and found out that I can make both Bose speakers work with Alexa ("play on Everywhere makes both Bose speakers work together) but Alexa app itself only sees Echo speakers... so I cannot do MRM across brands (Echo & Bose)... this is extremely annoying. If I knew this (and still tempted to), I would have gone with Sonos, no questions asked. 

Add to this terrible networking connectivity I've seen each Bose network speaker have (took days to setup each) and it's probably the worst consumer experience I've ever seen. Very disappointing, bose. 

And working through your forums, your users HATE YOU! This is not a way to maintain your reputation. 

Salario162
Participant
Registered since

Jan 4, 2021

Throw my name in the hat for this feature request. It would make a huge difference for my enjoyment and repeat purchase of your products. This is a big disappointment. Unless you create a voice assistant as good as Alexa or Google, play nice with them. If I did more research and didn’t assume as much, I would have selected a different theater surround system to purchase. 

Keith_L
Community Manager

Hi All,

Thanks for posting and joining the discussion!

Currently, when setting up a group of your speakers in the Alexa app, Bose Music speakers can only be grouped together with other Bose Music speakers. You can use Alexa to create multi-room music groups of multiple Bose Music speakers, but adding other speakers, such as Echo devices, to the Alexa group is not currently supported.

We really appreciate all the feedback you've been providing on using Alexa with your speakers. It's great to see how passionate you are about seeing new features like multi-room music with other Alexa devices added to the speakers in the future. We have been passing on your feedback on this along to the development team for consideration. I can't guarantee whether expanding the multi-room music capabilities of the Bose Music speakers is something that will be added in the future, but we have made them aware this is something that you all would like to see going forward.

Please do keep your suggestions and ideas coming as we love hearing your feedback!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
BrentonJ
Participant
Registered since

Jan 15, 2021

100% agree. My experience is exactly as you have described. Also feeling very mislead.

JohnnyBoy928
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2021

Lol. Wow! 

This is ridiculous with the integration... Over it! Misled or Deceived. 

Retail an item saying compatible but really that just means it can 'connect'. Anything after connection is a dice roll of any functions that are provided by Bose. The hardware is there. It's all about the code! 

Alex S
Participant
Registered since

Jan 19, 2021

I have screen shot this thread and am posting it on social media, as Bose are taking this as lip service. 

J. Parker
Participant
Registered since

Feb 2, 2021

I just jumped on the Amazon Echo/Alexa bandwagon. Bose, the leader in consumer grade home audio equipment has filled my house with music since 1993. I currently have a Soundtouch 30, and three Soundtouch 20 systems throughout my house. I was so happy to be able to just tell them all to play at once and put my phone down to link them. But, despite 2 1/2 years after Amazon allowed other smart speaker manufacturers to link into their "everywhere" system and play along with Alexa speakers and everyone else, I find out that Bose hasn't incorporated this feature yet. 2 1/2 years? Seriously? Where has my money gone?

Time to start giving my money to Samsung and filling my house with Harmon Kardon smart speakers I guess.