vineet112233
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Alexa Multiroom music simultaneously on Bose and Echo devices

In September 2018 Amazon released the AVS Device SDK that allows Alexa enabled 3rd party speakers to use Alexa Multiro...). This means Amazon now supports music played from Echo speakers and 3rd party speakers at the same time.

Does Bose plan to update their Alexa enabled speakers (Home Speaker 500, SoundBar 500/700) to allow multi-room music with via Alexa?

Link to Amazon announcement about open MRM to third party Alexa enabled devices: 

https://developer.amazon.com/blogs/alexa/post/c4bbbbaf-3559-4b5e-b920-83a9d594e732/alexa-play-rollin...

45 REPLIES 45
Itsjustmeee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

Re: Alexa Multiroom music simultaneously on Bose and Echo devices

This is a feature that I’m really curious about and would be very happy to see implemented. If it doesn’t show up in any future updates, it will very telling .... like that Bose wants us to buy only their satellite smart speakers and doesn’t really care about making their customers happy. 

vineet112233
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

I've to say it makes you think, it's been 10 months since Amazon made service available to outside their production. While other companies with premium speakers like Sonos and Harmon to low cost solutions like Eufy (which is behind "Eufy Genie AK-T1241211", half the cost of Echo Input) can implement this feature, it seems like it's like costume satisfaction and innovation are thing of past for Bose. It seems more intreseted in selling product through misleading advertising rather then actually take steps toward future.
Kbruns
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 7, 2019

Not having my everywhere group option to listen to music really cheapens this system....

please let me know if this is being worked on...really thinking of returning it

does anyone have any options ?

Hi Kbruns, 

Thanks for posting and reaching back out to us today. 

We don't currently have any information regarding this feature at this moment in time. I will raise this again for you as a feature request. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

vineet112233
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

If you have option to return with refund, I'll suggest you do that and look into buying either Harmon's speaker or if your heart is set on Bose buy the normal speakers with AUX port and get a Echo Input to connect it with. 

Itsjustmeee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

I'm a big fan of my Bose 700 soundbar, 700 bass and surrounds but I have to say that it's insane that Sonos can emplement this feature and Bose can't. If Bose thinks I'm going to buy a bunch of their smart speakers and put them all over the house next to all of my Echo devices, they are sorely mistaken. Just make this happen Bose. You make great products but you're behind the curve on a number of things like this and Atmos. This is coming from a fan ... come on, you have to step up your game. 

ocampoca@gmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 20, 2019

Has there been any development on getting Bose to play with other speakers using Alexa groups? I just purchased a Bose Home Speaker 300, which is priced higher than all other Alexa offerings and I was shocked to find out I can’t use it with my other speakers around the house. My old Bose works really well with an echo doc that connects to it via Bluetooth. 

PacoSwifty
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

@Hector_B Hey there. We're a full year out since Amazon announced support for third party integration with multi-room audio. Do you have any updates as to whether this feature request has gained any traction? My Soundbar 700 has great sound quality and I would love to be able to include it in my multi-room audio setup. Thanks.

Hello PacoSwifty, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am sorry but I do not have any updates on this. We have fed your feedback onto the development team though. 

As soon as we know more, we will update the community. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W