Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 3, 2019

Re: Alexa Multiroom music simultaneously on Bose and Echo devices

Sonos do. Or you can just return it to get a non smart speaker and connect it to Amazon input. Much better option 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

Re: Alexa Multiroom music simultaneously on Bose and echo devices

Issue is soundbar doesn't have aux port ☹️

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

Team, I'm another desperate customer looking for this feature. Please, please, please BOSE, at least give us some good news you have this request in your product roadmap. Have 2 x Home speakers 500 + 1 x Soundbar 500 I want to join other Echo speakers... don't want to give more money to Amanzon buying Echo Inputs... ☹️

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 12, 2019

The Soundbar doesn't need an aux port.  It's connected through WiFi, just like all my Echo speakers are.  The Alexa Multi-Room SDK was released in 2018.  It's almost 2020 now, and Bose still hasn't integrated seamless multi-room playing along with Echo devices in the same multi-room group. I'm hoping Bose Engineers are working on a firmware that will include this Alexa SDK for multi-room cooperation with Echo devices.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

I'm seriously tempted to sell my sounder 500 and my bass module 500 instead to buy speaker 700 to complete my surround system, eventually buying two echo studio with dolby atmos. What leaves me most perplexed is the total inertia of Bose, even if only in providing clear information. Infuse, I don't think that making their system compatible with Alexa multiform echosystem is as complicated as sending the man back to the moon!!

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 23, 2019

I too am extremely disappointed that I cannot use this feature. I bought the soundbar 700 intending to immediately link it to my other Bose speakers in the other rooms in my house. Following this eagerly awaiting Bose to provide an update on this and implement this feature. Question, can I use Echo Link as a work around, and if I so, will the sound quality through that input be the same?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

I'm personally using echo input to workaround, guess echo link would work as well. You can either create groups through Bose app (but only Bose devices) or Alexa app (non-Bose devices + Bose with echo "something"). 

I saw here on this thread someone commenting it shouldn't be hard Bose to implement this functionality, which I fully agree. For me, and this is only a personal perception, this is not related to a technical difficult, but a business decision. Bose just decided to do not integrate with Alexa Multiroom in order to enforce vendor lock-in and to do not allow us to group Bose with other vendors. If my perception is right, then I think Bose is going to the wrong path, only goal they are achieving is making more customers unhappy (sometimes upset).

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 23, 2019

Fleandror, can you explain me how exactly set the workaround wit Echo input? I have a Bose soundbar 500 with Bose bass module 500 ...

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

Sure. Echo input has two ways to be connected to an external device (wired through AUX port and wireless through bluetooth). Since Soundbar 500 has no AUX port, we'll use bluetooth. In steps:

a) Establishing a bluetooth connection between your Soundbar and your Echo Input: on bose music app select your Soundbar, select bluetooth, then select connect new. Now leave in this state and switch to Alexa app.

On Alexa app go to devices, all devices, then select your echo input (assuming you already did the Echo Input initial setup), under wireless session select bluetooth, pair new device, then select your Soundbar (it should appear there).

b) Creating an Alexa Multiroom: on Alexa app, go to devices and on top right corner, click on "+" bottom and then select Set Up Multi-Room Music, then click on Continue, define a name for that group (e.g. everywhere) confirming with Next and finally select the devices will be part of that group,  so there you can select the echo Input you recently connected with your soundbar and other Echo devices (e.g. and Echo Show). Then click on Save.

With this basically, you've created a new device group (e.g. Everywhere), which will play simultaneously the music you'll choose. One interesting tip is you can play music not only from Alexa app, but also from Spotify, selecting the group of devices you created.

Hope that helps..

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

I think I’ll do this as well. Thanks for the tip. I just wish I could change the input back to tv via Alexa or it would automatically switch back after I’m done instead of fishing out the Bose remote which never use.