Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 13, 2019

Re: Alexa Multiroom music simultaneously on Bose and Echo devices

Waiting to hear...

I want to get the 700, sub and 700 surround speakers for my media room...

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

All,

for Bose only devices, which belongs to the same Bose family (SMART HOME FAMILY), Multiroom works well, life is good. Issue is related to establish Multiroom between Bose Smart Home devices and Amazon Echo devices, something today doesn't work. The workaround was found (which works perfectly) is to connect all Bose devices with an Echo Input, which can establish Multiroom with other Echo devices. Hope it clarifies the current state of this thread.

Tkx,

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 28, 2020

How do I connect Bose soundbar to Alexa input?  I don't understand.  Is it a separate device?

Highlighted

Hi @ChristianF,

Thank you for taking the time to post. I'd be happy to help with your soundbar query.

Depending on the soundbar you have, there will be an option within the corresponding Bose app to configure the Alexa voice assistant. If you have the Soundbar 500 or 700, simply connect it to the Bose Music app and follow the steps in the app to configure Alexa and link your Amazon account.

If you have the SoundTouch 300 Soundbar, Alexa is not included as a feature to configure in the SoundTouch app. 

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Warm regards,

Sam F

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 29, 2020

I don’t see how an echo can connect to the Soundbar 700 other than through Bluetooth.  In my testing a Bluetooth connected speaker will not playback multi-room Alexa music, and the output on a multi room playback reverts back to just the echo dot device.

I hooked up a fire stick 4K to my Samsung TV. The fire stick may be added to a speaker group allowing actual multi-room playback. The downside is that the fire stick will change to the active input on your tv.

Bose just needs to implement this properly! 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 6, 2020

Bose, it is so annoying that other manufacturers have done this yet you appear (for whatever reason) to not want to implement this fix even though it’s out there!!!

im sure if you put all the individual threads together from people you will see that people want this and are looking at other manufacturers auto meet their demand.

please get it sorted !!!

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Apr 19, 2020

@Sam_F wrote:

Depending on the soundbar you have, there will be an option within the corresponding Bose app to configure the Alexa voice assistant. If you have the Soundbar 500 or 700, simply connect it to the Bose Music app and follow the steps in the app to configure Alexa and link your Amazon account.

This procedure DOES NOT solve the problem.  Even after following this procedure, my Alexa App does not list my Bose Soundbar 700 as an eligible Multi-Room Music device when creating a group.

I really hope you don't wrap this issue up as "solved" based on your comment, because this should definitely still be raised an issue for your business to prioritize.

I bought a Bose Soundbar 700, and I will personally boycott Bose products until Alexa Multi-Room Music is fixed - this is a terrible customer experience.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 20, 2020

I totally agree, this response does not answer the question. We know the sound bar has Alexa built in. For most of us that’s why we bought it. What we want is the the sound bar to play when we say “Alexa play music everywhere” and she plays in every room that you have an Alexa device. I think Bose aren’t doing this as they want us to buy more Bose products with Alexa enabled but I’m not replacing the 4 Alexa's I have. I wouldn’t have bought this sound bar if I knew it didn’t have full Alexa functionality. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 6, 2020

@Sam_F 

This continues to be an issue and Bose don’t appear to be actually getting a grasp of the real issue, can you please read the threads and come back with a comprehensive answer to the problem we having with Multiroom and Alexa.

thanks

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 21, 2020

Hi,

I can’t get my home speaker 500 to play multi room music either, which is a huge disappointment. When Bose advertise that a product is Alexa enabled/compatible I would have thought it should be fully compatible with other Alexa devices such as the echo. Only implementing some of the functionality and tricking your customers into having to use Bose technology to get multi room playback is morally questionable. 

I have been a loyal Bose customer for over 20 years, but I will certainly not buy another Bose product until this issue has been resolved.