Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 5, 2020

Alexa Stops Responding

I recently purchased a Bose 700 Soundbar, and while I'm happy with the overall sound quality, the Alexa App continuously disconnects and I have to unplug and plug it back in to get it to work.  Considering that the Alexa capability is the main reason I bought this unit over the Sonos Playbar, this is frustrating to say the least.  Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Alexa Stops Responding

Hi mdevoe4131, 

I am sorry that you're having difficulty with your Alexa integration. I would love to help!

Does Alexa not respond to you when you make a command? Do you get any error messages at all?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 5, 2020

When I say Alexa, the light bar flashes an orange/amber color but she does not respond at all. If I unplug the unit and plug it back in, it reboots and begins working again. But then the next day it won’t work again, or if I go to work and come home. I have to unplug and plug it back in at least once a day.

Highlighted

Thanks for confirming that for us! Please can you try each of the steps here and let me know the outcome of each one?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!