Participant
Registered since

May 17, 2020

Alexa + Twitch fails on Portable Home Speaker

Skill I'm trying to use: https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Twitch/dp/B076C836XS

Here's what I've tried so far. Each attempt fails with the "music service error" (Blinking amber top and bottom four times).

1. "Alexa, ask Twitch to play Monstercat"
  2. "Alexa, open Twitch" "Followed channels" "Monstercat"

I tested the same using Alexa on an Echo Dot on the same network and account, and it has no issue. I also tested on my Bose QC35 II headphones, and the skill and stream works just fine.

Does anyone know how to get Twitch (or probably any streaming skills besides the built-in ones) to work via Bose Portable Home Speaker + Alexa?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Alexa + Twitch fails on Portable Home Speaker

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Keith_L

Hi Pyro Fox,

Welcome! Thank you for joining us in the community!

With the Bose Smart Speakers, there is currently only certain streaming services that will work with Alexa voice commands, depending on your region.

At this time, we do not have support for Twitch through Alexa on these speakers. However, I will be sure to pass this along as a feature request to our development team for consideration, and let them know this is something there is interest in having added!

In the meantime, as you can access this on your phone, you can start it playing there and connect to the Portable Home Speaker via Bluetooth to get the Twitch audio to play through the speaker.

It would be great to see how much interest there is in having support for Twitch added through Alexa, so if any other users are interested please let us know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Keith_L

Hi Pyro Fox,

Welcome! Thank you for joining us in the community!

With the Bose Smart Speakers, there is currently only certain streaming services that will work with Alexa voice commands, depending on your region.

At this time, we do not have support for Twitch through Alexa on these speakers. However, I will be sure to pass this along as a feature request to our development team for consideration, and let them know this is something there is interest in having added!

In the meantime, as you can access this on your phone, you can start it playing there and connect to the Portable Home Speaker via Bluetooth to get the Twitch audio to play through the speaker.

It would be great to see how much interest there is in having support for Twitch added through Alexa, so if any other users are interested please let us know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Participant
Registered since

May 17, 2020

How come Bose + Alexa doesn’t support all the same exact streaming services that a regular Alexa does from the same region though?