abuehler
Contributor
Registered since

May 27, 2019

Alexa doesn‘t stop playback when I say stop

I just recognized that Alexa refuses to react to the STOP keyword anymore. Daily news, Spotify anything. It just listens and keeps on playing. Only ‚Pause‘ works, but, that really only pauses.

It still works fine with my Echo Dot, only the Bose is reacting, or better, not reacting that way!

I reconnected my Amazon account already, anything else I can do?

Greezings

Andreas from Germany

PS: Alexa is switched to German. 

14 REPLIES 14
Hector_B

Re: Alexa doesn‘t stop playback when I say stop

Hi Abuehler, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue and would love to assist you with this. 

Firstly, can you please confirm which speaker you have as well as if this has always been the case? 

I look forward to your reply and if any other members of the community have had this issue and resolved this please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Customer Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
abuehler
Contributor
Registered since

May 27, 2019

I have the Soundbar 700 inkl. Subwoofer and Sourround speakers.

I never had this issue in the past.

I just also recognized that it won’t play my Audible book any more. Alexa tells me it’s going to be played but the she blinks just red and nothing. 

How can I reconnect Audible?

Stop still doesn’t work. 😞

No red blinking for this command, it just keeps on playing

Thank you for your help!

Andreas 

Jessie_O

Hi Andreas, 

Thank you for coming back to us! 

I would recommend removing the Alexa from the Bose Music Application. Once completed, go into the Alexa App and disable the Bose skill. Next, remove the speaker from the Alexa App. Once completed you need to reenable the Bose skill and search for the Bose Speaker in the Alexa application. Next, go back into the Bose Music Application and add your Alexa account as the voice assistant. 

I hope this makes sense, If you need any further clarification please do let me know. 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
abuehler
Contributor
Registered since

May 27, 2019

Hi Jessie, 

thank you for your effort. 

I reconnected the whole stuff, bose with alexa, spotify amazon and re installed the skill like you described.

Audible works again now, I don’t know if they fixed it or the reconnect did the trick.

However, the Stop keyword still does not work, BUT, the German ‘Abbruch’ which means Cancel works. 

Seems like someone changed the German keywords in the skill or so? 

Greetings

Andi

Jessie_O

Hi Andi,

thank you for coming back to me!

I'm glad to hear that everything apart from 'stop' seems to be back up and running for you!

As this is the US forum, I don't have this kind of information. I would recommend popping over to our German Community to see if they can give you the answers you're looking for! I have included the LINK HERE

I hope this helps! If you need anything else, please reach out to us again!

Kindest, 

Jessie O

kalwinsky95
Participant
Registered since

Feb 23, 2020

I did all suggestions and nothing stops music. Not the words stop, off, pause or cancel

Scarlettg5
Participant
Registered since

Mar 1, 2020

Hi, did we get a fix to this? Just bought a Bose speaker specifically with Alexa and it doesn’t respond to stop, cancel or switch off! All my other Alexa devices do. Bit disappointed after paying such a large amount for the speaker 

Keith_L

Hi Scarlettg5,

Have you tried the troubleshooting suggested by @Jessie_O earlier in the thread? If not I would definitely recommend you do so as removing the connection between Alexa and your speaker, and then re-linking them will help when Alexa commands are not behaving as expected.

What do you tend to be listening to when you notice Alexa not responding to these commands? What music service are you listening to and how do you start it playing?

Let me know how you get on with Jessie's troubleshooting.

bluengu
Participant
Registered since

Mar 20, 2020

My Bose Home has been having trouble hearing the stop command since I've bought it in January.

After some playing around with it.  I've noticed what works for me is the command 'Alexa stop Bose Home' will usually work.

In my experience, when I use the 'Alexa stop' command with the SiriusXM skill it usually doesn't work.  The pandora skill does usually respond to 'Alexa stop'.  However, 'Alexa stop Bose Home' will usually always work with SiriusXM.