Petrinho17
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 2, 2018

Alexa lazy after last firmware update

After the last firmware update alexa doesnt works correctly at all....it/she doesn’t understand correctly (even if led and sound response is correct) or when i say “alexa” i can see from the led that the soundbar activate the alexa and stop it immediatly. I just tried to unplug and restart the soundbar but concern persists, i wouldnt like to hard reset it for manu reason (its wall mounted and i have to unmount it for adaptiq for example).

bose, any ideas?

p.s. Amazon echo in the other room works perfectly

thanks

16 REPLIES 16

Re: Alexa lazy after last firmware update

Hi Petrinho17, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with Alexa. I will do all I can to assist you! 

I would recommend removing Alexa and readding it. If you reply with the speaker you have I can give you instructions on how to do this. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support 

Petrinho17
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 2, 2018

Hi,

i’ve the soundbar 700 but i’ve just removed and re added alexa; the concern persists

Hi again @Petrinho17 !

Thanks for following up.

Following what you have already tried, I would suggest that you remove Alexa from the Soundbar, then remove the Soundbar from the Alexa app as well.

Once removed, please restore the factory defaults to your system. This can be done by holding both "Power" and "Skip Forwards" on the remote for 10 seconds. The system then spends around 60-120 seconds resetting, and when done this will play a loud audio tone and display a solid amber LED.

Please note that when you factory reset your soundbar you will need to setup the various parts of the system again, including Alexa.

Once you've finished setup again, please re-test Alexa, and let me know how you get on!

Liam W

Petrinho17
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 2, 2018

So i will lost adaptiq configuration and it means that i ve to unmount it from the wall and remount it...just the solution i would like to avoid...

Hi again @Petrinho17!

I apologise for any confusion caused. You don't need to un-mount your speakers as part of this factory reset procedure.The only reason that you may need to un-mount this is if you are unable to reach the AdaptIQ port on the system to run this again.

Please note that you can adjust the bass, treble, and speaker levels of your setup without needing to run the AdaptIQ process again. As such, if this is not preferred/possible to move your system to run this again, I would advise that you look there.

Please follow up when you can!

Liam W

Petrinho17
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 2, 2018

hi,

i've done what you said....facory reset for the soundbar (i've made the adaptq configuration too) and fully new configuration for alexa but the problem persists. i can summarise in this way:

1 - i say "Alexa" --> the soundbar led turn on for the "listening mode" (two white led moviment from center to sides) and IMMEDIATLY it change to the "thinking mode" (led moviment until whole white row appears) --> obviously nothing happen to my smart home devices

2 - i say "Alexa" --> the soundbar led turn on for the "listening mode" (two white led moviment from center to sides) --> i say the smart command (turn on the light for example) --> soundbar change to the "thinking mode" (led moviment until whole white row appears) without any feedback (no audio confirm, no voice confirm and no smart home command obviously)

i've  to say that Alexa voice command works once every 5/6 requests.

This happens after the second last firmware update (late August if i'm not wrong); now i'm with the last firmware (September update).

thanks

Hello Petrinho17, 

Thanks for getting back in touch.  

Can you kindly confirm: 

1. Are you using any forms of VPN to access the Alexa service, or are you in a country that actively supports Alexa? If your country does not appear on this list, and you are using a VPN, we cannot guarantee reliability.

2. If you more the soundbar closer to the router, do you see an improvement in response time? 

3. Are music services working as expected? 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

Petrinho17
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 2, 2018

Hi,

no vpn, internet and wifi are perfecrly working for the soundbar (no problem with spotify, tune in and other soundbar function.

alexa works perfectly from the Echo plus i ve in another room

Hi Petrinho17, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. I am sorry to hear that your issue still continues. 

I would highly recommend that you delete and reinstall the Bose Skill from Alexa. This can be done inside the Alexa App settings. 

Please let us know how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B