Alexa music services commands?

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

Alexa music services commands?

I was trying to say to Alexa “Play Pandora on Bose” or “play amazon music on Bose”. When I do, Alexa response is “Hmmm, to do that first enable the skill for your Bose soundbar in the Alexa app then ask me to discover devices”. I am clearly logged on to my Alexa account and the Bose is working fine with other commands like “volume up” and “mute”. And it says I am authorized for those services in the Bose Music app.  Am I missing something here? 

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Alexa music services commands?

Hello Itjustmeee,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the community.

In order to provide you with the right troubleshoot step may I know which Soundbar you are using?

Kind regards,

Prince_O

Friendly Fanatic

It’s a soundbar 700.

Thank you for responding.  

I would like to know if you notice any display light on the SoundBar 700 led status when Alexa response to you to add the skill for the SoundBar.

Please let me know.

Thank you 

Friendly Fanatic

Yes, there's a long white display light that slowly blinks while it is giving the response. But keep in mind, I have the soundbar mic muted because I have Amazon Echo devices all over the house and an Echo Show even closer to me than the soundbar is (and the soundbar Alexa volume is too loud which is why I muted the mic on it) . I unmuted the mic on the soundbar to see if it made a difference but I just got the same answer from the soundbar instead of from my Echo Show. 

Hello, I am sorry to hear it did not work. Before recommending anything else I would like to know if you have ever been able to successfully pass a command from the Echo show to your Soundbar before?

Friendly Fanatic

Yes. As I said I my initial post “the Bose is working fine with other commands like “volume up” and “mute”  which I can do from any of my Amazon echo devices throughout the house. I can also tell the soundbar to set the volume at a specific number which it does fine as well. The only problem I’m having is music services and the answer “Hmmm, to do that first enable the skill for your Bose soundbar in the Alexa app then ask me to discover devices”. Btw, if I do ask Alexa to discover devices, she says “no new devices found“

The skill I have enabled in the Alexa app is the one that is called “Bose (not for soundtouch)””.  That’s the only one that will let me enable because it says I do not have a sound touch account if I try to enable any of the other skills. 

@Itjustmeee I would recommend you making sure the music system is on Both the Bose Music App and also the Alexa App. You should log into them with one account.

Also, try playing audio manually through the App to the soundbar rather than commanding Alexa to do it. 

This would help me identify where the fault it.

Please try this and let me know how you get on.

Thanks 

Friendly Fanatic

Spoiler

Both The Pandora and Amazon skills are enabled in the Alexa app and is also authorized in the Bose Music app. They both work fine when I initiate it from the Bose music app.  And I only have one Pandora and Amazon account. Also, I can ask Alexa to play either Pandora or Amazon prime on my echo devices and that works fine as well. 

Hi Itsjustmeee,

Thanks for clarifying that for us. I am very sorry to hear that this issue is still persisting. 

Have you attempted to remove and re-add the skills from the device? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B