mikesti
Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2020

Alexa not available anymore in Bose-app for Home Speaker 500.

Hello,

I'm having problems to get Alexa starting again after moving from the USA to the Netherlands.

I was using my Home Speaker 500 which I bought in the USA with Alexa without any problems. Now that we moved back to Europe (the Netherlands) and I unpacked my stuff and tried to start up my Bose, Alexa is not available anymore in the app. The only option I have is Google Assistant. I tried resetting the speaker, re-installing the app, reinstall the Alexa app, signed out of both the Alexa app and Bose app but nothing seems to help. The speaker itself is working and streaming music works flawless.

Does anybody know how I can get Alexa back? I kinda miss her 😉

Thanks in advance!

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessie_O

Re: Alexa not available anymore in Bose-app for Home Speaker 500.

Author Accepted Answer selected by mikesti

Hey! 

Thanks for reaching out to us! I will be more than happy to help you in any way that we can. 

Alexa is not currently available in the Netherlands as a voice assistant. We are always working to expand the countries we are able to support with Alexa. 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out again.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pourpete
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 21, 2017

Hi, had same problem here...couldn't play music using Alexa but could  use Alexa for other inquiries and instructions. Alexa could not play Pandora or Amazon Music as before, but I could play music from the Bose Music app. Tried disconnecting power and other fixes, no help. BTW, 500 Speaker still, sounded great. When I would ask Alexa to play some music it would claim a network connection problem, yet with another command Alexa could turn on the lights (requires network connection).

Tonight, for other reasons, disconnected speaker from power and for some reason asked Alexa for music after powering it back on. It worked. That seems to be the Home Speaker 500...it works great for a long time, then for a short time (after an update?) there are problems that seem to go away after a while.

Otherwise, I love this speaker! I hope that your speaker mysteriously starts working again, as mine has.

Poor communication from Bose support. If something gets fixed, let customers know!

mikesti
Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2020

Hi, thanks for the comment. In my case however I don't have access at all to Alexa. It just isn't available in de the app to install and therefore I can't use it with the speaker. The speaker will not respond to any Alexa related commands.

As you say, I love the speaker but Alexa is part of that 😉

Jessie_O

Author Accepted Answer selected by mikesti

Hey! 

Thanks for reaching out to us! I will be more than happy to help you in any way that we can. 

Alexa is not currently available in the Netherlands as a voice assistant. We are always working to expand the countries we are able to support with Alexa. 

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out again.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

mikesti
Participant
Registered since

Nov 30, 2020

Thanks Jessie_O!

I contacted Bose by phone also and they told me the same. The thing I think is a bit strange is the fact that the Echo is being sold in the Netherlands by Amazon and Alexa is working fine on that. It is not available in the Dutch language though but that is fine. I have no problem with the English language as a default for the speaker. So I wonder why that doesn't work on the Bose app as I use the same app and the same speaker I used in the States.

So to me it looks like Bose has switched it off themselves for whatever reason. I wish it would work because it was one of the main reasons I bought the Home Speaker 500 and the Soundbar 700 system.

Thanks!