Anthonykennedy25
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 25, 2020

Alexa on 500 issues

Hello all, recently bought a 500 speaker, all set up well and Alexa and Amazon music been working well. But it has now developed an annoying issue the Alexa will not turn off from a bbc station? Will turn off from another, such as Scala radio, any thoughts??

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Alexa on 500 issues

Hello Anthonykennedy25,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm truly sorry to hear that you are encountering this Alexa issue on your speaker. Do you have the Home Speaker 500 or Soundbar 500?

I'm not sure I completely understand what you mean by turn off from a BBC station. Could you please elaborate?

I would recommend resetting the system by removing the power for 30 seconds and then reconnecting.

Please let me know if the issue persists.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Anthonykennedy25
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 25, 2020

Hello, thAnks for the reply. What happens is if we are listening to a bbc station and ask Alexa to turn off it won’t, but if we change station to another non bbc channel it will switch off, hope that makes more sense?

Highlighted
Anthonykennedy25
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 25, 2020

Home speaker 500

Highlighted

Hello Anthonykennedy25,

Thank you for providing that information.

It is unusual that the command works fine for other services but not the BBC stations. 

What is the command you use when asking Alexa to stop? Do you use the same command every time?

Also, how do you start the stations playing? Do you start them with the Bose Music app or with Alexa commands? Does it have the same problem with both methods of starting the speaker playing?

The step @Charlotte_G suggested above of power cycling the speaker is worth trying if you haven't done already.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.