Highlighted
angusjamesduncan
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 28, 2018

Alexa voice volume far too loud - Bose Soundbar 700

Hello, I got my new soundbar 700 speaker yesterday. Currently it is connected through HDMI ARC to my Sony TV. At the moment the Alexa voice is far too loud to the extent that my neighbour can hear it when I ask it questions! Is there any way to adjust the Alexa volume down? The only way to make it an appropriate volume is to adjust the overall volume down, but then the film / TV show you are watching is far too quiet!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
19 REPLIES 19
Community Manager

Re: Alexa voice volume far too loud - Bose Soundbar 700

Hi angusjamesduncan,

Thanks for writing in!

Currently, the Alexa voice volume is tied to the master volume of the system.  I will definitely forward this along to our development team to see if they can implement an independent volume control for Alexa.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Alfaowner
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 1, 2019

Hi I’d also like the voice to be independent as it’s too loud.
DandG
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 20, 2018

I have the same problem with the soundbar 500. The Alexa voice is far too loud.
Foggy
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 24, 2019

I love my Bose 500 but i’m Also having the same issue with Alexa. She’s far too loud. She’s even louder when you have the subwoofer. I’ve had to get into the habit of flicking the volume down before a command.

I have enabled Alexa “brief mode” which helps a bit. She replies with a ding or shorter answers when controlling things in the house.
DanEllisUK
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 14, 2018

This is a very poor user experience and is becoming anoying.  If the volume has been left up after a film the night before.   The next day I say "Alexa, good morning", and it booms out the Soundbar with the day's schedule, and I have to run to the remote to turn it down.

Alexa never has to be that loud, it needs a limiter.

Community Manager

Hi DanEllisUK,

Thanks for the update.  This is currently at the development level and we'll be sure to reach out to the Community as soon as we hear anything about a change.

Warm Regards,

Tony A

Slimz
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 30, 2019

Please turn down the volume of Alex. I have to turn off the feature entirely until then change is implemented.
Gkinghrn
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 25, 2019

Another complaint about Alexa’s volume on a sound bar 500 ... tempted to disable Alexa on it and plug my echo dot in instead .... ..

this is might be with the developers but can someone perhaps indicate when we might expect a fix for it?

Driving me nuts .. 

tv volume is different to Alexa volume ...it simply shouldn’t be .. there needs to be 1 volume for it for each input I thInk...

Drigga
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

@Gkinghrn wrote:

Another complaint about Alexa’s volume on a sound bar 500 ... tempted to disable Alexa on it and plug my echo dot in instead .... ..

this is might be with the developers but can someone perhaps indicate when we might expect a fix for it?

Driving me nuts .. 

tv volume is different to Alexa volume ...it simply shouldn’t be .. there needs to be 1 volume for it for each input I thInk...

My playback volume is different from Alexa Volume too. Seems that there‘s a minimum Volume set for Alexa Voice? I roughly hear the music but Alexa shouts....

I‘ve already started a thread about the volume issue but didn‘t get any solution until now.