Re: Alexa voice volume far too loud - Bose Soundbar 700

This is driving my family crazy too.

Please make a change.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 27, 2019

Well, it's been a year since this issue was raised and still no solution apparently. Personally, I've disabled Alexa on my Bose Soundbar 700 and have opted to just use the $25 Echo dot placed nearby. Honestly, it's the easiest solution, and works better than the product built into the Soundbar 700. There were several things the Alexa app built into the soundbar wouldn't do anyway (not sure why, but it would say it wasn't supported on this device.)... you have to believe the Alexa integration with Bose was an afterthought by someone. Don't ever expect this to be fixed in this model, if it could be I think it would have been done by now... but hey, on the bright side It will probably be a new feature on the Soundbar 800! 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 7, 2019

So first Bose CS sucks, My best buy Geek Squad buddy had to walk me through setting up my 700 with my Samsung with HDMI ARC... Sad that Bose CS after 2hrs on the phone with 2 separate calls said "just use the optical cord...." NO THAT IS NOT A SOLUTION.

Now I agree, its been over a year and BOSE Developers cant figure our a firmware/update that can help 700 owners control alexa's voice level.... WT*!!! BOSE figure you stuff out or you will lose more customers than this one!

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

There is a very simple solution. Update Alexa's software to let us link and control Alexa, on the bose soundbar, from the Alexa app. From the Alexa app, we have the options to change Alexa's volume, or the command word to activate it. Honestly, this should have been in place before the first soundbar shipped. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 7, 2019

Thanks for the reply and advise but now I cannot link/login too my bose soundtouch control on my Alexa App... any ideas?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 27, 2019

Can you elaborate on the process you are referring to? I have the soundbar connected via amazon and the Alexa app but unlike my other Alexa devices (Dots and Echos), there isn’t a volume control available for the Bose 700 Soundbar device in the Alexa app. 
Is there a KB article that explains this in more detail. 

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

I believe I’ve commented on this before but I think it’s not something that can be implemented. All of my Amazon Echo devices do have a volume control in the app, but that controls the overall volume. In other words, when you turn the volume down to make Alexa softer, it also brings down everything else coming out of that device like music, games, etc. I’m not sure it’s possible to make a “set volume” for Alexa independent of the other sounds. If it’s not a feature on Amazon devices, it probably can’t be a feature Bose can implement. 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 13, 2019

Thanks for you comments.  But, this hardware is not an Amazon device and I'm sure Alexa being integrated into a 3rd party device (From Amazon perspective) is driven by an API that Bose must call.  "Software is eating the world" and if you opinion is correct, that very bad news for Bose.  Look, the Alexa integration reduces the sound after detecting the Alexa start command and if it can do that there is no reason it can not control the volume API.  It should be a matter of storing an option which is just another setting.  Come on Bose, make it happen!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 13, 2019

I hear you and understand this option.  However, I like being able to as the Bose device to play some music without having to go through another stream device.  Your option is practical but maybe not an option for me.  I saw in another post about asking Alexa to turn down the volume and then issues a command.  it's a pain but has worked for me.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 6, 2020

I completely agree. The alexa voice is soooo loud compared to my tv volume. pretty much wakes my neighbors up in the morning. I have disabled my soundbar and only use my echo at the moment making the bose soundbar/alexa feature completely useless. $800 soundbar that doesn't work. Way to go bose.