martinjp
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

Alexa won't play on Bose Home Speaker 300 - wants skill added

I set up Alexa in Bose Music App for my Home Speaker 300.  I ask Alexa to play music and tells me to add the Smart Home Skill in the Alex iPhone app for the speaker. It won't even change tracks when a preset linked to Amazon Music is playing.  I've remove Alexa today after updating my Bose Music App and powering the speaker off and on then set Alexa up again.  It still doesn't work

When I try that skill via Alex phone app it adds it to the shoping list.  When I get phone app or speaker's Alexa to add the skill to the speaker it come back with the Bose Touch Speaker app which is not for the Home Speaker 300 and I don't have an account for that. 

Speaker works with Bose music app though I prefer the Bluetooth since the Amazon Music app as I can get back to a list of all songs in a playlist to jump around to another song.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Alexa won't play on Bose Home Speaker 300 - wants skill added

Hello martinjp, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm very sorry that you are having problems initiating Alexa with your Home Speaker 300. 

Could you please confirm which country you are located in? You can find a the availability of the supported voice assistants built in to Bose smart speakers here: Voice assistant availability

Are you enabling the skill via the Amazon Alexa app? Once you are on the app, you will find a menu in the top left corner. Click this, and the 7th option down should be "Skills & Games*. Then search for "Bose" and enable the skill "Bose (not for SoundTouch)". 

Let me know how you get on with this.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support