KFransen
Participant
Registered since

May 6, 2021

Amazon Music Streaming via Alexa Voice Command

I have been using my Bose Smart Home 500 for the last number of months to stream music from Amazon Music Unlimited using Alexa Voice Commands, without any issues.

Suddenly today when I ask Alexa to play music it says "to do that first enable skill in alexa app, the ask to discover devices".

I have unplugged / plugged in the speaker multiple times.

removed and restored the bose app.  deleted the speaker from the Alexa app and reinstalled it.

Disabled and re-enabled the skill.  Deleted and Reinstalled the default music service.

Deleted and reset everything that i could think of.  Nothing.  Alexa voice commands do not work to play music.  I can play music via bluetooth, the alexa app, and the bose music app.  Just not via voice command.

Please help.  Using this voice command feature is one of the main reasons that I have this speaker.

Smart Home 500

Canada

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

Any troubleshooting steps you took

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vicky_W

Re: Amazon Music Streaming via Alexa Voice Command

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Tegan_M

Hello KFransen, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues using Alexa to control your Home Speaker 500. Let's get this fixed for you. The troubleshooting you have tried so far is great, I am sorry to hear that it has not fixed your issue. I would like to try a full Alexa cleanse. This will duplicate some of the steps you have tried previously, but please could you give them a try in the shown order as this should help. The steps are: 

• In the Bose Music app, tap the image of the speaker in the lower-right corner.
  • If the image is a different product, tap the My Bose icon in upper-left corner, select the speaker, then tap the image of the speaker in the lower-right corner.
  • Select Settings > Voice Assistant> Alexa > Remove Account > Remove.
  • Log out of the Bose Music app.
  • Uninstall the Bose Music app.
  • Reboot your router. If you have linked the speaker in the Alexa app, this needs to be removed.
  • Reinstall the Bose Music app.
  • Log back in.
  • Set up Alexa.

We also have a wide range of troubleshooting available here. 

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Vicky_W

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Tegan_M

Hello KFransen, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues using Alexa to control your Home Speaker 500. Let's get this fixed for you. The troubleshooting you have tried so far is great, I am sorry to hear that it has not fixed your issue. I would like to try a full Alexa cleanse. This will duplicate some of the steps you have tried previously, but please could you give them a try in the shown order as this should help. The steps are: 

• In the Bose Music app, tap the image of the speaker in the lower-right corner.
  • If the image is a different product, tap the My Bose icon in upper-left corner, select the speaker, then tap the image of the speaker in the lower-right corner.
  • Select Settings > Voice Assistant> Alexa > Remove Account > Remove.
  • Log out of the Bose Music app.
  • Uninstall the Bose Music app.
  • Reboot your router. If you have linked the speaker in the Alexa app, this needs to be removed.
  • Reinstall the Bose Music app.
  • Log back in.
  • Set up Alexa.

We also have a wide range of troubleshooting available here. 

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

KFransen
Participant
Registered since

May 6, 2021

Thank you so much for your help!

Works perfectly! Now I can go back to enjoying music on my favorite speaker 🙂