Joonte
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

Amplifier for Bose smart speakers (SB500, 700 and Home Speaker etc.)

Hi,

I´m currently using the soundbar 700 with the 700 sub and a Homespekar 500. I want to add a speakersystem to my garden with a pair of outdoor speakers. Are there any plans for an amplifier (like the SA-5) that is compatible with the Bose Music app? Or what do you suggest i do solve this in an easy way...? I dont want to use two different apps...

Thanks in advance.

//J

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Amplifier for Bose smart speakers (SB500, 700 and Home Speaker etc.)

Hello Joonte,

Welcome to the Bose Community! Thanks for posting. 

For details about new products, please visit the Bose website.

As of now, there is no information about speakers that can be used outside that are compatible with our Smart Speaker range.

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

rickatk
Noisy Narrator
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Joonte wrote:

Hi,

I´m currently using the soundbar 700 with the 700 sub and a Homespekar 500. I want to add a speakersystem to my garden with a pair of outdoor speakers. Are there any plans for an amplifier (like the SA-5) that is compatible with the Bose Music app? Or what do you suggest i do solve this in an easy way...? I dont want to use two different apps...

Flash upgrading the SA- 5 amp to carry the Bose Music app is highly unlikely. Any new version of this cool little amp will likely carry the new Bose Music app. A workaround though is to add a SoundTouch adaptor. It would plug into the 3.5mm port of the amp, turning the device into a SoundTouch amp. I did a similar hookup with my Cinemate 130 back in the day. In fact when Bose repackaged that product, calling it a SoundTouch 130, that is what they did, just added the module. It’s all very seamless and works just fine. 

Joonte
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 27, 2019

The SA-5 already have a built-in support for SoundTouch, why add the adapter...? Or are you thinking about the old SA-4? And i will still only get the SoundTouch, not the Bose Music, i guess im just have to wait for a new one, dont expect that to hapen anytime soon....

jeffthecarguy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

I am currently realizing I have this same issue.... finishing my basement so I got the 700 Soundbar, sub and rear speakers along with 2 SA-5 Amps to run some outdoor speakers by the pool and in another area fairly close to the theatre setup...  is there anyway to make this stream the same music feed?

Maybe a link adapter for the Soundbar?

When I was researching & purchasing It never dawned on me they may NOT actually work together...

jeffthecarguy
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2019

I saw in another post that if you use the HDMI input of the 700 Soundbar it will default back to that input away from the link...?

have you experienced this?