Itsjustmeee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

App update question....

Now that the bass module has its own speaker level, how does that affect the bass settings in bass in the soundbar settings? It appeared before that changing the soundbar bass setting lowered the bass module. Now does that just affect the bass level in the soundbar itself only and do we need to rerun Adaptic to get the right balance?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: App update question....

Author Accepted Answer selected by Itsjustmeee

Hello  Itsjustmeee, 

It would control the bass of the bass module and the Soundbar previously, but with the new update, you are able to adjust the bass modules bass levels independently; so now you are able to control the bass for just the bass module alone if you want to.

Kindest regards,

Zoe_C 

24 REPLIES 24

Hello Itsjustmeee,

Thanks for posting in the community, so the volume control added to the Bass Module only controls bass so it would not affect the audio volume you have set on for the Soundbar but of course the higher the bass it is more likely that the sound as a whole will be louder but not the audio specifically. 

I hope this helps, should you need anything else please get in touch. 

Kindest regards,

Zoe_C - Community Support 

Itsjustmeee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

Well, before the app update, the bass was in the "Audio Settings". I assumed that when you lowered the bass, it would change the volume of my Bass Module 700. My settings were -50. Now with the new update, my settings under the bass in the "Soundbar" settings is still -50 but the "Bass Module" setting is at 0. My questions is this ... so when we turned down the bass under the old app, did it adjust the overall bass (the bass coming from the soundbar as well as the bass module) or just the Bass Module itself?

Author Accepted Answer selected by Itsjustmeee

Hello  Itsjustmeee, 

It would control the bass of the bass module and the Soundbar previously, but with the new update, you are able to adjust the bass modules bass levels independently; so now you are able to control the bass for just the bass module alone if you want to.

Kindest regards,

Zoe_C 

reddy00
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 13, 2019

Hi
Somehow after I updated to this app version. My soundbar 700 lose sync with Samsung tv using hdmi arc. Is there a procedure to recover this sync?

Ah, I am sorry that has happened, I would recommend resetting the Soundbar then trying again, please follow the steps below:

• Turn the soundbar off

• Unplug the soundbar power cord from the power outlet

• Wait 30 seconds

• Reconnect the power cord

• Wait 30 seconds for the system to reboot

I hope this helps, let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

PercyBottle
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

@Itsjustmeee wrote:

Now with the new update, my settings under the bass in the "Soundbar" settings is still -50 but the "Bass Module" setting is at 0. 

Hang on. Are you saying that with the new app update, you still have a bass setting in the "Soundbar" section? I did before the update, but now under "Soundbar" I only have "Center Channel", "Speaker Level" and "Treble" (see screenshot). Under "Bass Module(s)", I have only "Bass". Do you have something different?

Screenshot_20190509-165638.png

Hello PercyBottle,

Thank you for your message. 

From looking at your screenshot, this should be what you are observing once the update is completed. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Highlighted
yubeie
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 12, 2018

What does "Speaker Level" control? How is it different from Volume Control? This is confusing!

PercyBottle
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

@Tegan_M wrote:

From looking at your screenshot, this should be what you are observing once the update is completed. 

So, there's no longer any way to adjust the bass level of the Soundbar itself? What about if you don't have a Bass module connected? Still no way to adjust the bass level of the Soundbar?