reddy00
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 13, 2019

Re: App update question....

With regard to Soundbar lose Sync with TV
The restart by switching off for 30s then powering up did not help... any quick fix? Or do I have to re-setup again?
Itsjustmeee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

@PercyBottle wrote:

@Tegan_M wrote:

From looking at your screenshot, this should be what you are observing once the update is completed. 

So, there's no longer any way to adjust the bass level of the Soundbar itself? What about if you don't have a Bass module connected? Still no way to adjust the bass level of the Soundbar?

From the looks of your photo, it doesn’t look like the app has been updated. This update gives you  control of the treble and bass on the sound bar by itself and then there’s a whole other control for the volume of the bass module. They are not tied in together like they used to be. This gives more flexibility than before. 

yubeie
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 12, 2018

That's incorrect. The app is infact updated. I see the same settings as the other user.

Either the "speaker level " is setting the bass on the soundbar (in that case Bose should update the working to bass level instead) (or) it means something else.

Can the Bose support team please clarify?

Thanks.

Itsjustmeee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

EE2F5252-2423-4CEC-AE42-DC0C4F3AE277.png

yubeie
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 12, 2018

Thanks for posting the screenshot and interesting that you see it different on yours. Is it a Bose700 sounbar that you have?

The only difference between your setup vs mine is that I don't have the invisible speakers. 

I'm starting to suspect this is a UI bug. The "speaker level" should instead display "bass" on the soundbar adjustments if there are no invisible speakers. 

In your screenshot that's what you see for your invisible speakers. 

Itsjustmeee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

@yubeie wrote:

Thanks for posting the screenshot and interesting that you see it different on yours. Is it a Bose700 sounbar that you have?

The only difference between your setup vs mine is that I don't have the invisible speakers. 

I'm starting to suspect this is a UI bug. The "speaker level" should instead display "bass" on the soundbar adjustments if there are no invisible speakers. 

In your screenshot that's what you see for your invisible speakers. 

I have the 700 soundbar, 700 bass module and the invisible speakers. 

yubeie
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 12, 2018

Just tested it and it didn't worked as expected. 

If I adjust the soundbar bass settings, it is affecting both the bar as well as the module. If I then adjust the bass module setting, it is bumping it further. If I set the soundbar setting to -100, and just play with the bass module setting, there is barely any bass from the module.

Honestly, it's confusing as hell!

Itsjustmeee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

Yeah, that is odd. I did a quick check when the app first updated and it seemed to be working fine. The bass setting in the soundbar section didn’t appear to change the bass module volume. It just added more bass to the soundbar.
DubCity
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

I have tested it thoroughly and understand how it works.
The “bass” setting under “soundbar” turns up the bass for both the soundbar and subwoofer together.
The “speaker level” under “bass module” turns up the overall volume/bass of the bass module alone.
This stems from the bass module having overall weak output under adaptiq, so Bose added this setting. They should admit why this setting was added to prevent confusion, but they never will.
I re-ran the adaptiq so my room is tuned properly, because now I can turn up the bass module on its own if needed.
For the audiophiles, it’s essentially a new setting that allows you to increase the subwoofer gain. It gives you plenty of subwoofer headroom and is impossible for me to actually max out (perfect).
Itsjustmeee
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 2, 2019

@DubCity wrote:
I have tested it thoroughly and understand how it works.
The “bass” setting under “soundbar” turns up the bass for both the soundbar and subwoofer together.
The “speaker level” under “bass module” turns up the overall volume/bass of the bass module alone.
This stems from the bass module having overall weak output under adaptiq, so Bose added this setting. They should admit why this setting was added to prevent confusion, but they never will.
I re-ran the adaptiq so my room is tuned properly, because now I can turn up the bass module on its own if needed.
For the audiophiles, it’s essentially a new setting that allows you to increase the subwoofer gain. It gives you plenty of subwoofer headroom and is impossible for me to actually max out (perfect).

Interesting. I know a lot of people have complained about weak output coming from the bass module but I have never had this problem... both before I ran Adaptiq and after. There’s been more than enough low end. So basically someone going on their own without using Adaptiq should probably just turn the bass module off, get the sound bar sounding the way they like it and then bring up the bass module level after.