App update question....

SOLVED
Friendly Fanatic

Re: App update question....

Well I have updated app (1.7.2) on 2 devices and see audio adjustments as some others do ie. Speaker level under Soundbar and Bass under Bass module.This can't be right . Bass and Bass module adjustments appear to work ok. They're just in the wrong place. Have tried reinstalling app but makes no difference.

Hello Everyone, 

Thank you for posting the in Bose Community. 

I can now confirm that the Soundbar and Home Speaker audio adjustments are incorrectly labeled “Speaker Level” when they should say “Bass”. The slider does indeed adjust the bass level and not the speaker level in the speakers. Conversely, when a Bass Module is connected to a Soundbar, the Bass Module adjustment incorrectly says “Bass” when it should say “Speaker Level”. The slider does indeed adjust the speaker level and not the bass level. This is a glitch that only affects Android devices and it will be fixed within the next app update. The sliders do work correctly in terms of adjusting audio, only the labels are incorrect. 

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused and thank you all for your patience and understanding during this time. 

I wish you all a wonderful day. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Friendly Fanatic

Another Bose own goal then ?
Friendly Fanatic

@Vicky_W wrote:

Hello Everyone, 

Thank you for posting the in Bose Community. 

I can now confirm that the Soundbar and Home Speaker audio adjustments are incorrectly labeled “Speaker Level” when they should say “Bass”. The slider does indeed adjust the bass level and not the speaker level in the speakers. Conversely, when a Bass Module is connected to a Soundbar, the Bass Module adjustment incorrectly says “Bass” when it should say “Speaker Level”. The slider does indeed adjust the speaker level and not the bass level. This is a glitch that only affects Android devices and it will be fixed within the next app update. The sliders do work correctly in terms of adjusting audio, only the labels are incorrect. 

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused and thank you all for your patience and understanding during this time. 

I wish you all a wonderful day. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

So the Apple IOS app is labeled and working properly?

Hello Itsjustmeee,

Thanks for reaching out, yes the Apple iOS should be labeled and functioning properly. The Android version is also functioning properly it is purely the wording that is incorrect, so you should be able to still use the new function. 

I hope this helps, have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C