Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 27, 2019

Apple Music on Soundbar 500/700

Are there any plans to integrate Apple Music on Soundbars 500/700? (Like Amazon Music, Spotify etc)? And if so, what is the estimated time frame? Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Apple Music on Soundbar 500/700

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Charlotte_G

Hi Jlo,

Welcome to the Bose Community Forums!

Thanks for your question. Apple Music is supported with the Home Speaker 500, Soundbar 500 and Soundbar 700 via the integration of Airplay 2, enabling you to wirelessly stream content from your Apple device to one or multiple Bose Smart Home Speakers. 

I've also logged your feedback today as a feature request for our product development team to integrating Apple Music directly within the Bose Music application as a music service.

If you have any additional questions, please reach out again and we'd love to help.

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Community Manager

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Charlotte_G

Hi Jlo,

Welcome to the Bose Community Forums!

Thanks for your question. Apple Music is supported with the Home Speaker 500, Soundbar 500 and Soundbar 700 via the integration of Airplay 2, enabling you to wirelessly stream content from your Apple device to one or multiple Bose Smart Home Speakers. 

I've also logged your feedback today as a feature request for our product development team to integrating Apple Music directly within the Bose Music application as a music service.

If you have any additional questions, please reach out again and we'd love to help.

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2019

Noting that you have logged the request for Apple Music to be introduced as a service, and that AirPlay2 is available, do you have a timeframe for the introduction of the 'music service' itself? 

The kit is great but would be massively enhanced if the service was introduced soon.  It's frustrating having to use AirPlay ,when speaking to Alexa to access Apple Music would be easily achievable given that other systems such as Amazon Echo, Sonos etc have this capability already.   I don't want to have to return the kit through lack of functionality.

Look forward to your response.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 29, 2019

I agree, i was told at the store that it was already available.

disappointed it is not. any idea when this will be added?

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 14, 2019

Just dropped 1700 on a Bose 700 system with sub and rear speakers ...no Apple Music ? Airplay does not work -- was misled at big box store and by BOSE .. ridiculous that this feature is missing. Very disappointing... boxing it up and returning ... 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2019

I’ve got the 500 sound at and sub.  Lack of Apple Music as a service is ridiculous  on these systems, no we’ve AirPlay is available via Apple Music app, although this doesn’t make up for it!  

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2019

@Andy_B @Any news of an update to include Apple Music Service yet... becoming increasingly despondent about BOSE products!!

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

I just got the soundbar 700 and I want to use Apple Music services but I am having trouble with this. Any suggestions I don’t want to go through air play or Bluetooth 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 21, 2019

Great system...Unfortunately the Bose systems do not currently support Apple Music as a service... you can only use AirPlay through the Apple Music App.  

@Andy_B we are all still waiting on a reply from you and the tech folks.... are we going to be having a happy new year or are we all returning the systems in favour of one that does support Apple Music Service!!!??? Please advise ASAP 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 25, 2019

hi I was just wondering on the sound bar 700 when you would be adding Apple Music services to Bose? I have Apple Music  as our music selection with Alexa right now so it will work with it but not the sound bar,  but the sound bar does support Alexa. I was expecting it to work the same because it supported Alexa (parts of Alexa I guess). I like the sound and product but just am hoping to get it all connected and working nicely with Alexa so I can continue adding other products