Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 16, 2014

Are there are plans to eventually make the Soundtouch speakers compatible with Bose Music app?

Hello!

I would like to buy a new Bose Portable Home speaker; however, I already own 4 Soundtouch devices, so it won't make any sense to buy a new speaker that is not compatible with my other Soundtouch speakers. Nonetheless, if there are plans to eventually make the Soundtouch speakers compatible with Bose Music app, I will buy the speaker for sure.

I just want to know in advance before making another purchase of Bose. Otherwise, I will try to sell an apparently obsolete system and move to another brand that really empowers your system to grow over time.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Gabby Guru
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Are there are plans to eventually make the Soundtouch speakers compatible with Bose Music app?

Why don't you buy more Soundtouch devices?  Since these are totally different operating systems, I'm guessing they will never be compatible.  I don't think Soundtouch is obsolete.  It's just not the latest from Bose.  It certainly sounds as good as Bose Music.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 16, 2014

Re: Are there are plans to eventually make the Soundtouch speakers compatible with Bose Music app?

Thank you for commenting.

The first reason is that there is no similar speaker for the Bose Portable Home speaker in the Soundtouch ecosystem. The second reason is that I don't want to "invest" in an ecosystem that will not be launching new products going forward.

Sonos, for example, has been launching new products that are compatible even with the first generation of speakers. I expected the same from Bose when I bought my first Soundtouch Speaker in 2013 and now I am totally disappointed since I am not motivated to continue expanding my ecosystem. Now I will try to sell them and change to Sonos.

Highlighted

Hello Aldolfob, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

We do not currently have any plans to make the two apps compatible. However, I will submit your request to the development team. Out SoundTouch range is still going strong with continuous support and developments from Bose. The Bose Smart Home range is a new range we have brought in, with different operating systems than our SoundTouch range. 

If we get any more information from the development team, we will update the community. 

I hope this helps. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

Hello! We’re loving our new Lifestyle 650 system and are interested in the whole home sound experience. Since the Lifestyle 650 uses the SoundTouch app, we should not buy the home 500 speaker? Instead we should get the older SoundTouch 10/20/30 speakers instead? I’ve read such great reviews about the home 500 and almost bought a few today. Help? Thanks in advance!

Highlighted

Hey impoid, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today. Congratulations on the awesome system, I would love to answer any questions you may have about it! 

This is correct, the Home Speaker 500 would not use the same application as the Lifestyle 650 as it is part of our Smart Home range and would use the Bose Music App, meaning that it will not be compatible with the Lifestyle 650. If you wish to group the speakers or have them on the same app you will want the SoundTouch 10/20/30 as you suggested above. 

I hope this answers your questions and if you have any others please do let us know. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 5, 2019

Cool -- thanks for the confirmation, much appreciated. I already need to use the two apps (one for the Lifestyle 650 system and the other for my NC 700 headphones). Too bad they're not compatible with one another. I'll probably go with the older SoundTouch 10/20/30 since I won't have headphones on in the house very often, and those'll go with the Lifestyle 650. Are we absolutely sure there's no chance of these co-existing in the future? Oh well, a boy can dream... 😉