Ziweth
Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2020

Are there plans to support gapless music from Amazon Music in the near future?

I have a SoundTouch 20 and a Home 500 - yeah, they are not compatible but that's another story.

Unless I am missing something, from Amazon Music, the only way to listen properly to Abbey Road, Sgt. Pepper's, even Rigoletto, is by transmitting from my phone to the not-so-smart speaker via Bluetooth.

There seems to be a contradiction here.  The Home 500 is arguably one of the top smart speakers in terms of sound quality, but because of the gaps it actually destroys the pleasure of listening to some great albums.

Certainly, the gaps are not a problem if you are listening to a compilation of songs like a greatest hits album, or playlists.  They are not a problem either when the music is used just in background, while you are working, driving, at the gym, etc.

However, there are times when you want to listen to music as your main focus and, in the case of an album that was carefully crafted to be a presented as a whole, the gaps destroy the experience.

I have read posts where they say that there is a technical problem.  Probably it was in the past, but how come that, in Amazon Music, there is a version of Thick as a Brick with gaps and another one without them?

That would make you think that it is a problem on the Amazon side, but you can try, as an example, Dark Side of the Moon via your phone and via the speaker and only the later has gaps.

Would that be a business problem between Amazon and Bose?  Limitations in the Amazon API for non-Amazon equipment?

I know, I am not saying anything new here.

So the question is: Are there any plans to support gapless music from Amazon Music in the near future?  Please Bose, you can.

2 REPLIES 2
Hector_B

Re: Are there plans to support gapless music from Amazon Music in the near future?

Hey Ziweth, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to the Community again for support. 

You will be able to use the Home Speaker 500 and the SoundTouch 20 III together with our SimpleSync feature, you can learn more about this here.

I don't have any information on why this feature isn't enabled with our systems, however, I would love to raise this as a feature request for you. 

If you have any further questions about SimpleSync please do let us know. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Ziweth
Participant
Registered since

Aug 3, 2020

Re: Are there plans to support gapless music from Amazon Music in the near future?

Thanks for the response.

I was already aware of the SimpleSync feature, however, I have an early SoundTouch speaker that does not have BlueTooth connectivity; so this would not work for me.  I would have expected to be able to use the two speakers as a group just through the WiFi; after all, they are made by the same company and they are connected to the same network.

However, please note that the main subject of my message is the request for support of gapless music.

Other companies have already solved the issue, Amazon solved it a while ago.  In fact, a configuration like an Echo Dot with Edifier speakers would be a great alternative at less than half the cost of the Home 500.

Now, this is not something new, Bose should be already aware of this requirement.  There are other messages complaining about this deficiency on the SoundTouch since 2015, those requirements should have been considered for the Home series.

What I am reading between lines in the response is that Bose does not have any plans to support gapless music, and that is certainly disappointing.