Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: Audio Streaming on Bose Smart Home speakers

@scooby4211 wrote:

Since the latest update to the app and speakers I am unable to play music from Amazon and SiriusXM. I keep getting error code 3103.  I have done a total reset of the system, router reset to factory settings, All speakers (1-ST20) and 3-ST10's) reset to factory setting and yet I still am unable to play the indicated music.  The router is a Motorola MG7550 that does have multicast enabled.  To further confuse the issue I am able to stream radio stations using TuneIn.  I was prior to the latest update play all of the above music.  So BOSE what gives.

Try logging out of your account then log back in.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 19, 2020

Missing Stations

Dear Sir
I am a great fan of 938Now and the now renamed CNA938. 
I am using Tune IN Platform on my Bose Sound Touch  10 for live Radio Stations .
Unfortunately CNA938 is missing from the list of Singapore  Radio stations since it was upgraded from 938Now station early June.
All other SG stations  are available on my Sound Touch 10
On my enquiry with Tune in I received  this reply :

" Hi Sutharsanan

Apologies but there's a recent update on the station's ( https://tunein.com/radio/ CNA938-938-s3022/ ) stream 16 hours ago to be exact.

This station stream is in a format that is not compatible with your Bose device. Please contact the broadcaster and ask them to provide us with an mp3 or AAC stream as they are the most compatible formats across most platforms.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Madel

TuneIn, Inc."

I also noticed this issue of missing stations brought up in the BOSE Community posts.
If a particular platform is not functioning to the fullest , Bose should upgrade and update the software on Bose Devices.

I am sure your software engineers will rectify this issue  as soon as possible.

Thank You
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 18, 2020

Good Morning,

I am facing issue of playing Spotify playlist from Music App... it’s giving Error C7-SC3103 most of times... I have Bose Portable Home Speaker... it was working well few days but getting same error since past 2 days and it’s highly irritating... Not sure if I want to continue using the product... 

Kindly assist as soon as possible.. Have tried installing the app and removing and adding Spotify credentials again on Bose Music App.. I am based in U.K. and having XR app phone...

Regards,

Highlighted

Hi Fanil,

Thanks for reaching out. I am very sorry to hear that you're having this experience.

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the Bose Music app? I would also suggest in removing and re-adding your Spotify subscription to your account.

A reboot of your router may also be required.

Do let us know how you get on.

Tegan

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 28, 2020

Hello, I have the same problem and do not have access to the same radio stations on the app, "TuneIn". I cannot play radio "RMF" and "Z" 

Regards 

Maciek

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 1, 2020

I have the same problem with Sound Touch 20 and pre-set local station. 

Suddenly stops and must press pre-selection again.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 1, 2020

Same issue as others are experiencing.

Products purchased and used in Singapore.

Error code shows for both Home Speaker 500 and Soundbar 500.

Spotify preset stations cannot be played after the initial setup.

I reboot (pull the plug) for the Home Speaker 500 and then Spotify works. The Soundbar Spotify stations does not work even after power OFF/ON.

The speakers work if i use the Spotify app on my iPhone SE as "audio out".

TuneIn works fine always for both.

I think I can only recover the Soundbar 500 only if i reset to factory settings but then need to recalibrate the sound.

Help please!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 5, 2017

Hello to whoever reads this.  I am having problems streaming my local radio station which is on my preset 1.  I have 1 Bose link connected to my old Bose 5 speaker system and 2 SoundTouch 20, 2 SoundTouch 30 and a potable Bose speaker for use with a mobile.  So 7 in all around the house so that wherever I am I can hear the music.  I have always experienced problems now and again connecting but just lately it’s going on for 3 days that I can’t get connected.  There is nothing wrong with the internet because I check by using other apps.  My iPhone app displays ‘Hmmmm we can’t play that right now’ (3103)’ and if I hit the preset on an individual speaker it just spins on the readout and then displays the message ‘Select a preselect or explore music on the SoundTouch app’ and no music.  What I have noticed however is that I can stream music through Spotify.  If anyone can help.  I was also wondering,  if I were to use Internet plugs on the speakers would there be any benefit.  When they are all playing in sync it’s great but sometimes one or all of them stop playing.  Sometimes they come back on by themselves and other times they just stay off.  Oh and the two speakers in the kitchen will go off if you use the microwave . Thanks.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Dec 27, 2018

hi,

my home speaker 500 has some problems with spotify for a while now: not showing album covers or anything other than the clock, sometimes it takes up to a minute start streaming and when i make group speakers with my portable home speaker most of the time it simply does not work or stops working after a few minutes. i really hope those problems will be resolved soon!

thx,

opryde

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 23, 2020

Hi Bose, I have three SoundTouch products connected over WiFi in the home. I have an enterprise WiFi system in the home from Cisco it’s professional setup with multiple access points underpinned by a wireless LAN controller.

The issue I am having with your products is despite showing quality Radio Frequency attributes (SNR/ data Rate/ loss/ low interference etc) when pinging the products the IP response times are very jittery ranging from 3ms to 3000ms. Again I have checked the WIFi and created a dedicated BOSE only SSID for the three devices using a fixed multicast rate/ data rate at 12Mbps (802.11n) the client RSSI at the access points is measuring is greater than -65dbm so very good quality signals.

All the systems are running software version 25. I have tried to control with multiple devices (IPAD, IPhone, PC) and the stability is always intermittent.

For the last few updates it seems the system has gone from bad to worse.

What can you advise? Please do not question my WiFi, but maybe tell me what your systems wants for optimal settings... WMM, 802.11v, 802.11r fast transition... I have tried almost everything and can’t get stable results in the APP... either one player is showing ready, two players or all three then you play from Spotify one player spits out sound (sometimes three) but usually my Wave 2 Sound Touch stops after a minute...

It’s very frustrating and I’m now on the cusp of throwing the lot to dogs and agreeing with the public consensus of your products just don’t work!

Kind regards

Aaron