Tom_H_
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 8, 2020

Re: Audio Streaming on Bose Smart Home speakers

I'm still experiencing problems with streaming Spotify as well as using Airplay 2 on my Home Speaker 500. From time to time, the speaker will stop streaming. The speaker would flash orange light and saying WiFi is disabled

This thread was created almost 2 months ago. I'm wondering if you guys are still working on this issue and is there any update regarding this issue. It doesn't seem that there is any update from you guys. 

Charlotte_G

Hey @Aaron Whiteway, thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community!

I am sorry that your experiencing some stability issues with the connection to your SoundTouch systems.

You mentioned our recommendations for optimal settings, I'd be happy to provide those:

• UPnP - Enable
  • Multicast - Enable
  • IGMP - Enable
  • Wireless Isolation - Disable
  • IGMP Proxy - Disable
  • Wi-Fi Radio or Radio Mode - Mixed or B/G/N
  • Stealth mode - Disable
  • MAC Filtering/Access Control - Disable, or add the SoundTouch™ system’s MAC address to the allowed devices list
  • WPS - Disable Wireless channel - Fixed (select a specific channel); Auto-Channel selection is not recommended.
  • Security type – WPA-2(PSK) with AES Encryption.
  • WMM – Disable.

Let us know if you're still experiencing problems after looking through these.

@Tom_H_ Thanks for joining the conversation. I'm sorry that you're experiencing this problem with your Home Speaker 500. 

Have you tried resetting both your speaker and your router? To do this, disconnect them both from power for 60 seconds.

Let us know if this improves anything.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Tom_H_ wrote:

I'm still experiencing problems with streaming Spotify as well as using Airplay 2 on my Home Speaker 500. From time to time, the speaker will stop streaming. The speaker would flash orange light and saying WiFi is disabled

This thread was created almost 2 months ago. I'm wondering if you guys are still working on this issue and is there any update regarding this issue. It doesn't seem that there is any update from you guys. 

This sounds more like a problem with your network. Check your router and settings.

knsanand
Participant
Registered since

Aug 14, 2020

Am facing problem with Amazon streaming services for Bose sound bar 500 in India. Music tracks skip in between, sometimes suddenly music stops. Have done all kinds of resetting procedures, modem, soundbar. LOG-IN, LOGOUT etc, but the problem persists. Pls help

regards.

Edit: I m still having issues with amazon streaming services. hence approaching consumer court for the product refund. Quite disappointed with support from Bose.

IAmTheJudgeOfNoOne
Participant
Registered since

Aug 15, 2020

I have the Bose home speaker 500. It works fine I guess.

Side note: It always says it's not connected to some of my devices and have to reconnect to get them to work.

Current topic: Currently all my devices are working using my voice commands except streaming music. It only works through the Apps on my phone. If I use my voice to pause, play, etc. it says Bose music is not available. It was working fine last week. 

Community_Admin

Hey @IAmTheJudgeOfNoOne, welcome to the conversation, and thanks for joining the Bose Community!

I am sorry that you're not currently able to control your music using the voice assistant on your devices. Which assistant are you using and which devices do you have?

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
arifnanda
Participant
Registered since

Aug 20, 2020

Bose home speaker 300, sound randomly cutout every some second when playing music or watching movie connected via Bluetooth on Samsung smart TV. Please fix it.

firmware 5.0.13-1743

Bosecoop
Participant
Registered since

Aug 19, 2020

On home speaker 500, Alexa will not control music.  Asks you to enable the skill in Alexa app and then search for new devices. 

Jessie_O

Hey!

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I would recommend trying the wording 'Alexa, pause the music on 'Insert music service here'. It would be interesting to know if she responds to this. After that, we are going to want to try an Alexa cleanse. To do this, follow the instructions below:

• In the Bose Music app, tap the image of the speaker in the lower-right corner. If the image is a different product, tap the 'My Bose' icon in the upper-left corner, select the speaker, then tap the image of the speaker in the lower-right corner.
  • Select Settings > Voice Assistant> Alexa > Remove Account > Remove.
  • Log out of the Bose Music app.
  • Uninstall the Bose Music app.
  • Reboot your router.
  • If you have linked the speaker in the Alexa app, this needs to be removed.
  • Reinstall the Bose Music app.
  • Log back in.
  • Set up, Alexa.
  • Test the commands again.

Let me know how you get on!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Simon-Silver-End
Participant
Registered since

Sep 14, 2020

I have lost access to any/all foreign radio station on the soundtouch network.

Please can you tell me what is wrong and how to fix it