Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gh05t
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2021

Re: Audio Streaming on Bose Smart Home speakers

I've recently experienced several different issues with audio streaming on my Home Speaker 500:

1. Playing on Spotify (started from the Spotify app) it'll play for 4-5 songs, then drop for a few seconds, then start playing electronic garble.

2. It won't stream Spotify through Alexa anymore. Ask Alexa to stream something on 'Bedroom' (speaker name) and it'll do nothing.

3. I've got an Alexa morning wake-up routine that's meant to turn on some lights then start playing a Spotify playlist on the HS500. The lights work fine, but the music either doesn't play at all, or it starts playing on my Soundbar 700 in the living room. Super weird.

I've tried removing the HS500 from Amazon/Alexa and re-adding it but no effect.

Appreciate any help.

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@gh05t wrote:

I've recently experienced several different issues with audio streaming on my Home Speaker 500:

1. Playing on Spotify (started from the Spotify app) it'll play for 4-5 songs, then drop for a few seconds, then start playing electronic garble.

2. It won't stream Spotify through Alexa anymore. Ask Alexa to stream something on 'Bedroom' (speaker name) and it'll do nothing.

3. I've got an Alexa morning wake-up routine that's meant to turn on some lights then start playing a Spotify playlist on the HS500. The lights work fine, but the music either doesn't play at all, or it starts playing on my Soundbar 700 in the living room. Super weird.

I've tried removing the HS500 from Amazon/Alexa and re-adding it but no effect.

Appreciate any help.

@gh05t these are the growing pains of AI and smart home technology. Try a different music service, maybe something from Tunein to see if the problem isn’t Spotify.
When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.

gh05t
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2021

It's either an Alexa or Bose/Alexa integration fault.

I tried asking Alexa on the HS500 to 'play (local radio station) on Bedroom' and it proceeded to stream the station through iHeartRadio on my Soundbar 700 in the Living Room, while telling me it was playing it on Bedroom. Not a Spotify fault based on that.

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@gh05t 

This sounds like a syntax problem. What did you name the bedroom speaker? Try to be more specific such as “ play local station from Tune In on speaker name.”

You might need to experiment.

When replying to a topic, make sure your reply is relevant and keeps the conversation productive. Please be respectful of other community member's opinions. If you are experiencing the issue reported in a thread, the more details you can include the easier it will be for others to try and help.

gh05t
Participant
Registered since

Jan 10, 2021

@rickatk 

It's not a syntax problem because syntactically I can't get any clearer than I am. The HS500 is literally called 'Bedroom' and is in a group/room called 'Bedroom', and the SB700 is called 'Soundbar' in a group/room called 'Lounge Room'. It's worked fine for nearly a year then stopped in mid- to late-December. The conversation goes like this:

Me: "Alexa, play <radio station> on Bedroom"

Alexa: "Getting your <radio station> station from iHeartRadio. Playing on Bedroom"

Starts streaming the radio station on the SB700 in the lounge room.

It's the same through Spotify:

Me: "Alexa, play the Local Noise playlist from Spotify on Bedroom"

Alexa: "Local Noise from Spotify playing on Bedroom"

Starts playing the playlist on the SB700 in the lounge room.

If anyone from Bose ( @Wayne_M ) can see this and note it I think it'd be good. Would be great to know if this an Alexa only fault, or a Bose+Alexa integration issue.

rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@gh05t 

Try adding your music service (Spotify Tunein etc) to the command. That works for me.

Your speaker names and locations seem fine.

anthonyD
Participant
Registered since

Jan 23, 2021

I have the same problem with my Bose 500 smart speaker with several interruptions during listening TuneIn radio, with all radio channels like StuBru, Joe, ...
These interruptions come very often, maybe each 2-3 minutes and sometimes it gets even that worse that the Bose 500 smart speaker switches itself of. 

Bluetooth streaming does not have this problem.

I was thinking to buy a 2nd Bose 500 speaker and a Bose 500 bass module but with these problems I am doubting now.

Kashefian
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 4, 2021

I have a bose soundbar 700. Since yesterday I'm not able to play any music from spotify. It was all good prior to this though. No changes in settings or anything.  It just suddenly stopped playing music. On the app the spinner keeps spinning.  Please help.

Jessie_O

Hey Kashefian, 

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

Have you tried the troubleshooting outlined in this thread? This is a great place to start. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
rickatk
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

@Kashefian Try logging out of your Bose Music app then log back in.