Australia- still no Google assistant!!!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Australia- still no Google assistant!!!

When I purchased my Bose soundbar 700  I was told that the Google assistant update was about to be realised in Australia and it would work with my Google home setup. That was almost a year ago now and Australia remains one one of the only countries that still don’t have the update. I have tried numerous times to get information from Bose and to date have got nothing but cut and paste comments saying “coming soon”.  This is not good enough Bose.  Further more Bose website also promised that it would be released in Spring.  That did not happen either. Currently the Bose 300 is being adverts javeing Google assistubuilt in yet Google is still not available here. FYI...  Bose Australia customer service is hopeless and will not answer the question hence asking this on the US site. Can you please provide all your valued Australian customers a proper answer to the question.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Australia- still no Google assistant!!!

Hi Dallas, 

Thanks for posting and reaching back out to us today. 

Google assistant is only currently available in: 

• Canada
  • France
  • Germany
  • Netherlands
  • United Kingdom
  • United States

Meaning that there are a few more countries that also don't have this feature yet. We don't currently have any information regarding this release and will let the community know more as soon as we do, however at this moment time we have no new information regarding a when and if Google Assistant will land in Australia. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Audible Advocate

Thanks for the reply. I have just been told from Bose PR that it is being released August 13. 

Audible Advocate

Bose page has just been updated to GOOGLE ASSISTANT AVAILABLE IN AUSTRALIA...........  YES. !!!!!!3261C89A-984E-44EE-812A-C3D03E230B45.png

Wistful Whisperer

Showing up on the website, but not in the app.

still unavailable. 

Wistful Whiz

Thier updates normally rollout over a couple of days/week.  So if thier website shows it's available, then some accounts in Au may have already updated, others will likely be soon.

Wistful Whisperer

Showing " coming soon " now. 

Any Bose rep care to comment? 

Quiet Contributor

I was told in store that it would be available "overnight" from the 13th of August. Now the 14th and still no sign and the website says it is available.

Called the Bose store again today and was told "that is what we were told, maybe over the next few weeks it will appear."

What awesome product knowledge.

Audible Advocate

As from yesterday “Thursday” I now have google assistance. “Australia”

no google music support as yet, hopfully  soon.

as google music didn’t work, I’m using Spotify until google music is available so I can use it on all my devices..

Spotify premium works good on google assistant with the Bose 

‘If you want to use Spotify you need to add Spotify to the Bose app