private_costumer
Participant
Registered since

Jun 3, 2021

Auto switch off (Bose portable smart speaker)

Bose product name

Bose portable smart speaker

Why can't my speaker switch off automatically when unused if it is connected to wifi?

It can do that if I use it only with bluetooth.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hector_B

Re: Auto switch off (Bose portable smart speaker)

Author Accepted Answer selected by private_costumer

Thanks for updating us on this! 

This isn't something that is possible automatically with this speaker. If you have any other questions, please do let us know. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jessie_O

Hey there, 

Thank you for your post and welcome! 

The auto-off feature on the Bose Portable Speaker is related to the active state of the speaker. If you aren't listening to anything via Bluetooth, it will switch off after 20 minutes. 

Are you playing music at the same time? Or have you paused it? 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
private_costumer
Participant
Registered since

Jun 3, 2021

Hey Jessie,

thank you for your answer, but I never play music via bluetooth. I always play music via airplay2 and my speaker never switches off automatically when I stop listening to music. It only goes in standby mode and it drains all the battery in a day of standby.

Thank you

Jessie_O

Thanks for coming back to me! 

I'm sorry if my original post was not clear, when I asked about playing music at the same time, I was referring to your wifi sources.

The Auto-off feature does not completely turn off the speaker, it puts it on Standby. When you mention Standby, do you mean the speaker is on and waiting for you to press 'Play', or is it off and you need to press the power button to have it come back on? 

The Portable Home Speaker has a couple of different 'Off' features. if you press the power button once, your speaker will go into Standby mode. If you press and hold the power button, your speaker will turn off completely.

private_costumer
Participant
Registered since

Jun 3, 2021

When I mention standby I mean that the speaker is on and waiting for me to press play.

I understand what you mean and my question is: is there any automatic way to turn off completely the speaker (without having to press and hold the power button)?

Thank you

Hector_B

Author Accepted Answer selected by private_costumer

Thanks for updating us on this! 

This isn't something that is possible automatically with this speaker. If you have any other questions, please do let us know. 

View solution in original post