Highlighted
StephenH
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Aug 15, 2019

BBC stations removed from Tunein

Help! I discovered today that the BBC has removed all its stations from Tunein and, as we rely on internet for radio in an area of poor reception, we used our Homespeaker 500 mainly as a replacement radio. My presets for 1, 2, 3 and 4 are now defunct and having this functionality was one of the main reasons I invested in the speaker. We now, annoyingly, have to talk to Alexa to turn on and change stations (also annoying that the speaker screen only shows a music symbol and ‘Alexa skill’ in this mode), or go through BBC Sounds on another device. Any chance that Bose can  find a way to get BBC services within its app and therefore restore the preset functionality?

4 REPLIES 4
Tim Van de Water
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 15, 2019

Re: BBC stations removed from Tunein

I have the same problem in Belgium, non of the radio stations are available. I can’t even search any.

StephenH
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Aug 15, 2019

Strangely, BBC sercives are back on Tunein this afternoon, but it looks like they will be going permanently from 31 Aug. What are Bose’s plans regarding this?

Hi StephenH, Tim Van de Water, 

Thank you for your posts and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry that you recently experienced some problems with TuneIn services. This was due to an outage on TuneIn's end and affected all of their services. We believe that the majority of stations are not back up and running and the remainder of stations are being worked on. 

Get back to us if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

[Moderator Revision]

kp_tops
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 15, 2019

Hi,

I've just seen this message regarding the removal of BBC channels from Tune In.

When were BOSE going to inform their users?

One of the main reasons for this purchase was so that I could have a good quality DAB without having to link from my phone.

What is the reason for making their speakers lower quality.

surely they can install an app that allows access to the BBC channels.

Come on BOSE FFS!