alartius@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2020

BOSE HOME SPEAKER 500 - Multi-Room Capability

I see the last topic date for Alexa Multi-Room Capability was in December of 2019. We just purchased TEN (10) Bose Home Speaker 500s with the thought that the speakers could be grouped, not just through the Bose App, but also through the Alexa App.  We are now discovering that, while Bose announced multi-room capability with Alexa in 2018, to our knowledge, they have not implemented the feature. 

This is very disappointing. If you stumble across the 2018 statement, you are led to believe multi-room capability was implemented. However, if you read 2019 customer comments and Bose responses, you see Bose has not implemented the Alexa multi-room feature.  

Bose, do we have an update on this matter? When this feature is enabled, will it be delivered through a firmware update or will customers need to buy new speakers to implement Alexa multi-room. 

I have been a big Bose fan for three decades. This matter really puts Bose behind the eight ball regarding smart speaker technology in a very competitive smart speaker market. Many smart speaker systems have already implemented this technology.  

We are going to return our TEN (10) Bose Home Speaker 500s and wait for this technology to be implemented by Bose. Your response is appreciated. 

5 REPLIES 5
Charlotte_G

Re: BOSE HOME SPEAKER 500 - Multi-Room Capability

Hey alartius,

Welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm really sorry to hear about your frustration with the lack of this feature on your Home Speaker 500's.

Are you able to let me know where you have seen the information that we will be implementing this?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
AdamTheJudge
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

from the v4 firmware details on your own site:

Released 20 May 2019
Home Speaker 500 firmware version 4.0.6
Soundbar firmware version 4.0.8
Enhancements
The Google Assistant is available for users in the US
Gaana music service available for users in India
Bose smart speakers can be added to media groups with Alexa
Ability to force firmware updates on Home Speaker 500

Keith_L

Hi AdamTheJudge,

This is in reference to the ability to create a media group on Alexa with other Bose Smart Speakers, you wouldn't be able to create a group with other 3rd party Alexa devices. I understand that this could be worded better in the notes, so I'll be sure to let the team know that this could do with being reworded.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
JohnnyBoy928
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 3, 2021

Same situation here also with Bose.

It's ridiculous, right? Also the purposeful extremely vague responses to this situation every single time. Is this not nearly 2 years now? Between both Alexa AND Google voice assistants Bose integration is absolutely lacking to say the least! 

Bose appears to have fallen behind extremely with software dev side. Especially with integration. Shame too... the speaker itself as hardware is still of the Bose top quality in sound but that's no longer enough in current levels of tech availability.. 

nevinz@gmail.com
Participant
Registered since

Feb 20, 2021

I agree with others.  Bose is a premium speaker.   I have many of their products.  However is it time to sell them all on eBay and buy the competitor.   No support for apple music,   limited support for Alexa (no grouping aloud).  It is not a technical limitation.  Getting answers like we will will pass it along to our product teams = thanks for the feedback, but we are ignoring our customers.   Please, Please stay relevant and leading edge.