Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 1, 2020

BOSE Home Speaker 300 google assistant does not understand...

Hello,

I just bought the above device and installed everything following instructions and all was working fine for me. Suddenly, and without me changing anything assistant does not recognise any voice commands related to Spotify or intune. 

If for example, I ask it to play some music from either program it will say "OK, playing so and so on Spotify" and then after a second it will say "Sorry, I didn't understand". The same applies to intune. 

Everything works fine manually either from my phone or from the device's buttons. 

Also, google responds to any other voice command, it will add things into a list, set timers, answer questions etc. But if I ask it, for example, to play the next song it will say "Sorry, I can't connect to Bose music".

Of course, I have reset, reinstalled and also done a  factory reset but the problem persists. 

Please let me know if this can be fixed, or I should start considering refunding the product and possibly giving it a bad review. 

Sincerely,
Michael. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: BOSE Home Speaker 300 google assistant does not understand...

Hey @MichaelSax, welcome to the Bose Community!

It's unusual that you're not able to carry out some commands on your Home Speaker 300 with Google Assistant. 

Can you confirm that you were previously able to control Spotify and TuneIn with the assistant?

You've been through some great troubleshooting steps already. Could you please remove the Google Assistant from your Bose Music account and then set up again?

To remove Google assist, go to speaker Settings > Voice Assistant > Google Assistant > Remove Account

Let us know how this goes.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 1, 2020

Re: BOSE Home Speaker 300 google assistant does not understand...

Hello Charlotte,

Thank you for the prompt reply. I haven't come back to you, just because I didn't receive any notifications in my email. I had to log in to see your answer.

In any case, I tried your solution, although I wasn't expecting it to work as I had tried that before and it didn't solve the problem.

What has done the trick was to remove the Bose account from Google and reset it. That has currently fixed the problem.

Thank you for your time.

Michael.