Eason Chen
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

BOSE MUSIC stream latency

I am in Taiwan, I have home speaker 500. While stream to spotify service, I use the buttons on Home Speaker 500 to set different list on spotify. Everytime I switch to different list through the buttons on the machine or in the app, from one to the others, it always took so long to change to another playlist on spotify. Even it was frozen and can't change. Is there any way to solve this annoying situation?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: BOSE MUSIC stream latency

Hello Eason Chen,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some delays with your Home Speaker 500. 

Is this issue occurring with the presets? Also, does this happy when using any other sources, for example, if you set a preset to a TuneIn station, do you experience a delay also.

To correct any occasional processing errors, I would recommend performing a reset on the Home Speaker 500. You can do this by removing the power, wait for 30 seconds and then plug the speaker back in. 

I would also recommend performing a reboot of your router by also disconnecting it from power for 30 seconds and then reconnecting. 

Get back to me once you have performed these steps and if your issue still persists, I will be more than happy to assist you further.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Eason Chen
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

Hi Charlotte G,

Thanks for quick reply. I tried reset home speaker 500 then, TuneIn works fine as usual, but spotify stream still has latency. Because Taiwan only have spotify stream service with Bose Music, and I can play spotify on my device well. Once I open it in Bose Music or pressing the quick access on home speaker 500, the switch between different playlist of spotify still be so slow. My speaker has updated to latest firmware.

@Charlotte_G wrote:

Hello Eason Chen,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some delays with your Home Speaker 500. 

Is this issue occurring with the presets? Also, does this happy when using any other sources, for example, if you set a preset to a TuneIn station, do you experience a delay also.

To correct any occasional processing errors, I would recommend performing a reset on the Home Speaker 500. You can do this by removing the power, wait for 30 seconds and then plug the speaker back in. 

I would also recommend performing a reboot of your router by also disconnecting it from power for 30 seconds and then reconnecting. 

Get back to me once you have performed these steps and if your issue still persists, I will be more than happy to assist you further.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi again Eason Chen , and thanks for getting back to us!

I'm sorry to hear that this has not resolved your issue.

Due to the higher quality of streaming that Spotify uses, this is likely why this takes longer to load than the comparatively lower quality Tune-In source.

As such, I would advise that, if possible, you use the Home Speaker 500 with a 5.0GHz band (rather than 2.4GHz) , or disable the WMM setting within your router. [WMM gives priority to video over audio on routers, which may slow down the steaming process]

If you are unsure how to do this, or are still having issues, please reach out to support within Taiwan by clicking HERE.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any questions or updates here!

Liam W - Community Support

Highlighted
Eason Chen
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 2, 2019

Hi Liam W,

Thanks for reply. Is there any chance to improve the profomance while play spotify on Bose Music? Because I use the spotify app and connect with home speaker 500 by its app, it works fine without such annoying latency. Is it posible to solve the issue in further firmwire update? because I really love my speaker except the sync issue with delay and latency.

@Liam_W wrote:

Hi again Eason Chen , and thanks for getting back to us!

I'm sorry to hear that this has not resolved your issue.

Due to the higher quality of streaming that Spotify uses, this is likely why this takes longer to load than the comparatively lower quality Tune-In source.

As such, I would advise that, if possible, you use the Home Speaker 500 with a 5.0GHz band (rather than 2.4GHz) , or disable the WMM setting within your router. [WMM gives priority to video over audio on routers, which may slow down the steaming process]

If you are unsure how to do this, or are still having issues, please reach out to support within Taiwan by clicking HERE.

I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any questions or updates here!

Liam W - Community Support

Highlighted

Hi Eason Chen, 

Thanks for reaching back out to us. 

I can pass this feedback onto our development team for you as a request, but can't promise that this will be implemented. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.