Bad Software Bose Home Speaker 500
The Bose Home Speaker 500 could be a really good product, but its software bugs keep driving me crazy. A few examples:
- Orange light blinking (= Alexa, Amazon delivery notification) and there's no way to stop it
- Spotify connect is, very often, not working at all and I, therefore, have to disconnect the Home Speaker 500 every other day from its power supply to solve this
- Cracking sounds when playing Mac audio via AirPlay
- It is also not clear to me what Bose's intention really is with the display because 80% of the time it just shows me the clock and every now and then a cover appears when I play music
- Several problems with Alexa (as discussed here multiple times)
I can't understand that these problems existed since I bought the speaker in 2018(!).
It would be great if Bose would take the "smart" more seriously and would start building good software/firmware for this product because, in terms of design and sound, it is a great speaker.