Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Diversteve
Participant
Registered since

Apr 22, 2020

Re: Base Module 700 Disconnected - No Status light

Hi Guys,

I recently took mine back to Noel Leeming in NZ as the repair contractor said they could pick it up from there. At the time, apart from not working and having no light, the unit was in mint condition, after all,... it's only been sat on a unit and I have no kids or pets.

The lady at the counter in Noel Leeming was dealing with a guy before me. He too was returning something faulty. It was a blender. He dealt with her, and then left. At which point she dropped it on the floor and it smashed.

Looks like it's broken big time now" I said

"It was broken anyway!" she replied.

Bearing in mind her attitude, In light of that, I asked to take some photos before it got sent off for repair.

Today I received it in a the box I sent it off in, direct from the repair shop as they said they hadn't been able to get Noel Leeming to return their calls.

I have just taken it out of the box. I have not yet plugged it in (as the power cable I sent it of with wasn't returned to me - why would I possibly need that!!!). The box was dented, but the unit did have some bubble wrap around it.

So I'm somewhat surprised to see how the glass top of the Bass system and sides are scratched and scraped to hell and there is yellow spray paint over the back. I could have done less damage with a metal file and a hammer and a can of spray paint!!.

I cannot begin to describe the unbelievable poor quality service and the condition of the returned product.

I fail to see how anyone thinks this is acceptable. I will be calling Noel Leeming tomorrow.

From what the repair shop told me, the parts were $1.40 for a replacement diode and this is a common fault. Just what you expect for $1300. Right?

This was my first purchase of a Bose product. I bought the Soundbar and surround speakers too so I spent a fair amount of hard earned cash for rubbish quality products and even worse "repair" service that was more of a "destroy" service. 

If anyone of the Bose team would like to discuss this and explain why I paid around $3k for defective damaged goods, I would LOVE to hear from them!

In the meantime, Photograph what you send off guys and make sure you itemise the products you send.

I am one VERY DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER!!!!!

KiranK
Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2020

Hi Guys,

I am joining the club as well, no light on the bass module. any advise please

utch55
Participant
Registered since

Dec 24, 2020

I have the exact same problem. First and last Bose product I will own. 

Greniu
Participant
Registered since

Jan 1, 2021

I have the same situation. The Bass speaker stopped working during New Years Eve. That is very sad situation and I blame Bose that they didn’t do proper quality check. It looks as known problem and many of the users experienced this problem. I wonder how it looks after warranty time expired.

Please help how to repair it in the Poland. 

Jessie_O

Hey Everyone!

I'm sorry to hear that this is an issue you are experiencing. 

If you have tried all the troubleshooting outlined in this thread, I would recommend reaching out to your local technical support team for assistance. You can do this by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country, and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. One of the team will be more than happy to help! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
moregrove
Participant
Registered since

Jan 29, 2021

Just adding to the pile here.  Noticed my Base Module 700 wasn't delivering any bass, ran through the normal troubleshooting, but still no status light or sound.  Awaiting the "replacement" package from Bose for the repair now.  I'll echo the sentiment above, not impressed, it's just over 12 months old and it seems to have suffered the same random failure as those who have posted before me.  Not exactly a great experience from what is suppose to be a quality product.

Kanishkaagrawal
Participant
Registered since

Feb 26, 2021

And I thought with the reputation of Bose and a product that should have an enduring life span, I would be the only one.

I have now bass modules (plural) unresponsive. Lifestyle 600 and Module 700.

I am amazed. Bose is off my list for future purchases.

Joining the #deadbass club