Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2019

Base Module 700 Disconnected - No Status light

Hi,

Recently when I tuned on my soundbar 700, the base module was disconnected. I tried to pair it again in the App but it was unable to be found.

I've disconnected the power for 5 minutes and plugged it back in, but the status light on the back is blank - not lit up at all.

Has anyone else come across this, have any idea's on how I can troubleshoot?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Base Module 700 Disconnected - No Status light

Author Accepted Answer selected by eldombre

Hi Eldombre!

Thank you for providing the additional information. I'm sorry to hear you are still experiencing the same issue. 

In this case, based on the fact that you have completed the troubleshooting we normally recommend, I would recommend contacting our Technical Support team where one of our agents will be more than happy to assist you. The contact details can be found here by selecting the country and clicking on 'Contact us' at the bottom of the screen. 

I hope this helps! Have a great day!

Jessie - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hello eldombre!

Thank you for getting in touch with us! 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your bass module here, and would be happy to assist where possible!

As your status indicator is not lighting up here, can you check the following for us please?

1) Can you try a different power socket here, and/or test this socket with another device to confirm that this works?

2) If you are using the direct cable for the connection, this LED will turn off on it's own. If this is the case, disconnect this, and attempt this through the wireless means instead.

3) The soundbar uses the same power cable as your bass module. If you were to swap these around, is it just the cable that's not working here, or is there no LED regardless of this?

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Liam

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2019

Hi Liam,

I've tried both a different power socket and also using another power cable but had no luck. The bass module is not connected using a cable, I've been using the wireless method.

I also just tried connecting the bass module using a 3.5mm aux cable but this made no difference.

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by eldombre

Hi Eldombre!

Thank you for providing the additional information. I'm sorry to hear you are still experiencing the same issue. 

In this case, based on the fact that you have completed the troubleshooting we normally recommend, I would recommend contacting our Technical Support team where one of our agents will be more than happy to assist you. The contact details can be found here by selecting the country and clicking on 'Contact us' at the bottom of the screen. 

I hope this helps! Have a great day!

Jessie - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

Hi Team,

You may find this a duplicate post, but i could get answer in the earlier similar post that will solve the issue with Bose Bass Module 700 status light not glowing.

I have followed all the basic troubleshooting steps like, switching off for 30 seconds and then switching on, checked wifi connection, swaped power cable with 700 soundbar, bose app is updated etc.

I have tried to call the technical support Australia but there is not service due to COVID-19.

Please let me know how this issue will be resolved.

Thank you

Amar

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2020

I am facing the same problem with no power/status light and tried all the above with my base subwoofer 700. Please let me know if you guys find a solution or know a service centre in Adelaide where they can fix it.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 25, 2019

Hi Rahil,

I contacted Bose Support and sent my Base Module back and they fixed it.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2020

I called technical support but no contact, just initial message plays and call disconnects. I am not sure how to contact them.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 12, 2020

Hi mate,

Any luck with this issue. Apparently, i am having same issue. No luck doing power off and even tried using the power cable from the Soundbar. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 22, 2020

For the price we pay for this kinda stuff, this is shocking. I have the same problem. 

Lots of expense for a black box that does nothing.

Far from impressed. Let me know how you get on as soo  as we get out of covid. It's odd how soo many of us have exactly the same problem!