Base module 700 very weak bass

Highlighted
Audible Advocate

Base module 700 very weak bass

I have the Soundbar 700 with bass module 700. All the reviews I’ve read say how you can feel the bass and better than theater. In order to hear any bass at all I have to have it at 100 and turned up extremely loud. Is this normal is there another setting I’m missing?
151 REPLIES 151
Friendly Fanatic

Re: Base module 700 very weak bass

Derek,

Did you set up your soundbar 700 and bass module 700 at the same time with Adaptiq?

Also, in the Bose Music app you can adjust the bass levels.

1. In the Bose Music app, from the My Bose screen (accessible via the headphone and speaker icon in the upper-left corner), select your soundbar
  2. Tap the soundbar image in the bottom-right corner of the screen
  3. Tap Adjustments to change the system's bass level

I hope this helps.

Sik

Audible Advocate

Yes both were set up at the same time with adaptiq and I have the bass set at 100.
Friendly Fanatic

Derek,

The Bass seting is up to 100 in the BoseMusic app?  I only see three parts.  Highs, mids, and lows.

Or, are you using your physical Bose remote to turn your volume all the way up?

Sik

Community Manager

Hi Dereknelson86

Thanks for posting in the Community!  Sorry to hear about the audio issues, but I'd be happy to help!

• Can you confirm what source you are playing when you're getting low bass?
  • Have you tested a Bluetooth source or the Bose Music app to see if it happens with music as well?
  • When at a normal listening level if you place your hand on the bass module, can you feel the vibrations?
  • Is the bass module in the corner of a room?  I would recommend this as it would use the 2 walls to boundary load the system to really enhance the bass performance.

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Audible Advocate

It is hooked up through the hdmi port. I have used Bluetooth and music from the app and it does have slightly more bass but the volume has to be extremely high, not a regular listening volume. At normal listening volume there is no vibrations from the sub. I have moved it to a corner hoping that would help the issue but have had no luck. 

Community Manager

Hi Dereknelson86

Thanks for the update!

Can you confirm what sources are connected to your TV that you're trying to use the system with?  

Also a make/model of the TV would help as well.  It could be the TV may be outputting a stereo signal vs a digital 5.1 signal.  Can you check the audio output settings of the TV to see if that makes a difference?

Let us know!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Audible Advocate

I have a dish hopper, a Xbox one, and amazon fire stick all connected. Tv is a Vizio e70-f3. I just went and cycled through all audio output setting(pcm,bitstream,Dolby,and auto) none of these sounds a great deal better than the others. I also set the bass levels on the tv equalizer to the highest setting. All these steps did make a slight difference but for a $1500 system it doesn’t sound much better than my $200 vizio system. 

Community Manager

Hi Dereknelson86

Thanks for the update!

This certainly doesn't sound right as the Bass Module 700 should fill the room.  Can I have you try and factory default the system while the bass module is connected to the sound bar.  HERE are the steps to default the system.

Once you have the system defaulted and setting it back up again,  can you run through the setup and calibration without the bass module connected to power?  I'm curious to see if the AdaptIQ calibration is causing a strange reading in your room with the bass module.  

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Audible Advocate

Ok ive reset and done the setup and calibration with the bass module not connected to power. Now what would I do to know If this was causing an issue?