Base module 700 very weak bass

Friendly Fanatic

Re: Base module 700 very weak bass

well, since this thread is marked "solved" and any attempt to start a new thread is thwarted by them moving your post, I'm guessing our only recourse is to return the products. This is incredibly disappointing from what was once a great brand. 

Friendly Fanatic

Hi Tony, this thread is marked "solved" but there are still several people who've tried the "solutions" to no avail. This seems to be a software issue with your 700 series. Maybe its a little too smart for its own good. Please help!

@Tony_A wrote:

Hi Pez,

This is certainly odd, especially with multiple bass modules.  When you had the exchanged, it sounds like it was at the store. If we can, I'd recommend exchanging the bass module through our support line, so when the bass module arrives back to our return facility, we can have our engineers take a look at the issue.  Just click HERE and select your country and Contact Us at the bottom of the page.  I'm also wondering if there was a bad batch of bass modules at this one location potentially.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Friendly Fanatic

when you turned off the AdaptIQ did you notice a decrease in the quality of the audio coming from the soundbar? I'm going to buy an audio cable and plug the sub in directly to the bar. 

@ybo wrote:

Our kitchen-tv is connected with the soundbar 500 and the bass module 500. Yesterday evening we saw a tv-film with a permanent heavy bass loaded background music. I had to reduce the bass from +30 to 0. Then we continued watching the same tv-film in the living-room. The tv there is connected to a soundbar 700 and the bass module 700. And i had to reduce the bass here from +40 down to zero too.

So it is clear: 5 stars for bose. But in deed it seems that there is different hardware out there.

ybo

ybo
Animated Arbiter

Hi @clprice

on both systems 500/700 the AdapTiQTriQ is disabled. In my opinion this feature is simply a marketing gag. I am not an expert, but the sound quality in general did not suffer by disabling the AdapTiQ but the bass volume increased. The bass module 700 is connected by audio cable and the bass module 500 is wireless to the soundbar 500. But this does not make any difference.

Listen Sir, i am a new Bose customer not a fanboy. Both soundbars were bought as simple sound beautifyers not as a replacement for a stereo hifi system. In tv they just showed a brand new swedish thriller and the permanent bass from the background sound was really exausting to me. Both bass modules are brute.

Although i am a layman, now i am interested in where these different perceptions come from. And i am disappointed too, but concerning the bose public relations in this point.

ybo

Audible Advocate

I am having this exact same issue. I followed all of the steps suggested by support here, and nothing works. I can barely hear any bass while watching tv or movies. When I play music with Spotify and turn the volume WAY up, then I can hear base from the sub 700. Definitely nowhere near $700 worth. You can’t even tell the sub is plugged in 95% of the time

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

Guys

I do not think that the issue is the BASE i think is their FIRMWARE or their SOUNDBAR. I will get my replacement in 2 weeks, and i am pretty sure it will have the same issue.

Ask your wife or a friend to help you with the IQ thing. and you stay by the BASS and you will see that it is not a part of it when you are running the IQ. its a FIRMWARE ISSUE. and they are not trying to fix it.

Friendly Fanatic

It definitely seems like it's a software issue. I hard wired the soundbar to the bass module and it still sucks. Something in the soundbar software isn't properly transmitting audio levels to the sub. Either that or they made a whole bunch of subs that are malfunctioning.
Friendly Fanatic

I was going to exchange it today but i don’t know if it might not even be worth it.

Also, I have a pretty large living room. Do you guys think the sub may just not be adequate for larger living rooms? It would be strange as it is marketed as the best of the best.
Friendly Fanatic

it should be more than adequate for a large living room. I bought this thing because numerous reviews spoke about how the bass would fill an entire room and "shake the walls" just like in the theaters. Mine isn't even close! 

IMO this is either an issue with the software in the soundbar not properly transmiting data to the bass module or its a defect in the bass module that wasn't there in previously built units. How else can you explain the glowing reviews? I have no idea how anyone could give this thing 5 stars. In its current state this thing isn't worth $50 let alone $700.

I've tried messaging the mods since this thread is being ignored by them and they arent willing to help. They've just referred me to their support line. I'll try that today and if it doesn't work, I'm returning the bar and the bass module. There's a Samsung combo that has dolby atmos functionality, for a little bit less money and has great reviews. I'll likely end up getting that since Bose doesn't seem interested in keeping my business. 

Friendly Fanatic

I tried your solution of turning off Adaptiq and hard wiring the bass module to the soundbar. This made no difference for me. After getting zero help from the mods here, my next step is to call their helpline, but I doubt they'll be able to do anything because this seems like a broader issue related to software. If they can't help I'll be returning the product and purchasing a samsung unit that has dolby atmos. 

@ybo wrote:

Hi @clprice

on both systems 500/700 the AdapTiQTriQ is disabled. In my opinion this feature is simply a marketing gag. I am not an expert, but the sound quality in general did not suffer by disabling the AdapTiQ but the bass volume increased. The bass module 700 is connected by audio cable and the bass module 500 is wireless to the soundbar 500. But this does not make any difference.

Listen Sir, i am a new Bose customer not a fanboy. Both soundbars were bought as simple sound beautifyers not as a replacement for a stereo hifi system. In tv they just showed a brand new swedish thriller and the permanent bass from the background sound was really exausting to me. Both bass modules are brute.

Although i am a layman, now i am interested in where these different perceptions come from. And i am disappointed too, but concerning the bose public relations in this point.

ybo