Base module 700 very weak bass

Animated Arbiter

Re: Base module 700 very weak bass

I’ll try exchanging the bass module itself first and then take it from there. I am just bummed. The bass sounds like it wants to shine but it’s just so low. All it needs is volume and you could really appreciate the clarity that it’s tying to deliver. It’s beautiful Bose sound yet crapped at minimum.
Friendly Fanatic

I know how you feel. I wrote another post at the home theater section since this one already closed out.
Friendly Fanatic
Quiet Contributor

I had the same problem and tried so many different things to fix it but nothing worked. Not even the guys in store could help. But then i tried one final experiment and it worked.
Have bass connected to soundbar, rerun the adaptiq but have the headset as close as possible (if its too close it will tell you) to the front of soundbar (moving minimally for each step)
I went from having it at 100 to now -10
I hope you enjoy the same success i did because the bass is amazing.
Animated Arbiter

Thanks for your reply. But how did this help if the Adaptiq setup does not make the bass module make a sound. Can you be more specific?
Animated Arbiter

I am sorry but how did this work exactly? Wouldn’t that mess up the Adaptiq?
Friendly Fanatic

I'll give this a try when I get home. If this is a workable solution it just further proves all of our suspicions that this entire issue is due to software. Which is incredibly frustrating. What's the point of amazing hardware if you cripple it with you crappy os?

@Micky wrote:
I had the same problem and tried so many different things to fix it but nothing worked. Not even the guys in store could help. But then i tried one final experiment and it worked.
Have bass connected to soundbar, rerun the adaptiq but have the headset as close as possible (if its too close it will tell you) to the front of soundbar (moving minimally for each step)
I went from having it at 100 to now -10
I hope you enjoy the same success i did because the bass is amazing.

Quiet Contributor

Hello All,

Let me interject here; I bought the SB700 and BM700 a week ago and have faced the same issue you'all had. I've followed every step on this thread but no luck. However, I couldn't give up on BOSE, then I figured that the problem was the actual song/music I was trying to play.
Caveats:
1. Not every song is produced with a heavy bass line
2. Try to test the sub by playing this song.
Your floor will shake. Let me know the results.
https://youtu.be/fmeMqVTLRZk
Animated Arbiter

Yes but the issue was also when watching movies.
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz

@Bubbaloo wrote:
Thanks for your reply. But how did this help if the Adaptiq setup does not make the bass module make a sound. Can you be more specific?

As I recall, the bass module should sound off in the Adapt IQ testing sequence.

Has anyone tried to connect their bass module to their soundbar with a cable then run Adapt iq?