Re: Base module 700 very weak bass

Hi Wes253,

Sorry to hear that.

In that case, I would suggest getting touch with your local Customer Service center as if the Bass Module has no Bass from its initial state then I believe there could be an issue with it.

Contact details can be found HERE > Select your country > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Click ' Contact Us'

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 26, 2019

I have seen this reply several times regarding this issue. Since the problem seems to be software related, I would rather not waste my time dealing with replacement units. I guess I'm just wondering if Bose is acknowledging this problem and working on a fix. 

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

The fact that Bose suggest setting up Bar without Sub connected and the apparent endorsement of another contributors suggestion is an admission that the Adaptiq software does not work properly.
Also though individual room accoustics and therefore speaker placement plays a big part in achieving good Sub bass levels. IMO unless you are lucky this system does not work well straight out of the box.In my case it took about 4 weeks of experimentation to get it right !
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 26, 2019

Brian - Can you tell what eventually worked for you? I've re-run the adaptiq no less than 20 times while moving the sub around the room. The headset is right in front of the soundbar, as suggested in prior comments.
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

I reset bar to factory settings. Then ran Adaptiq as normal but with Sub disconnected. Then added Sub . Then playing music with heavy bass tried the Sub in different room positions until the best was found. In my case unsurprisingly this was in a corner of the room behind the TV etc.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 22, 2019

When I was walking around my room I found that the bass is very strong at the corridor.
I realize that the bass will amplify or cancel at different spot.
I have put the bass module at a corner far from my TV that I can feel a normal bass. Now I set the bass level from -20 to +50 without adaptiq.
I didn't use adaptiq because I think it's not working properly.

When the bass is put at a wrong place, you will feel no difference whole changing the bass level because the wave cancel itself.

Now I can feel the bass is much stronger when set to +100
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 26, 2019

I have tried that method with no success. For kicks, I toggled off the sub in the app and got more bass! Just like some other comments here, the bar is producing more bass than the sub.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 26, 2019

I finally managed to get more bass, though things still sound unbalanced. I ran adaptiq with headset 12" from bar and sub plugged in a separate room. Then I placed back in the corner of living room. Much more bass than before but still needs more adjusting.

Amazing this has been an issue since October and it's still being sold in stores without a fix. I wonder what the return rates are.
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

Well done you have just discovered what others including myself have.That is that to get the best from this system you have to be patient,objective and inventive . As I see it ,because a Sub relies on room accoustics to produce low frequencies there will be depending on room dimensions,construction materials windows and furnishings,null points at various locations. Some of these will coincide with seating positions and desired positions for sub/soundbar and Tv. Therefore work has to be done for it all to work well. When this is achieved the Bose system is very very good.Much better than others I have owned. However this system is sold with the promise that the Adaptiq software will make necessary adjustments to compensate for individual room accoustics. The fact is that in many cases it simply does not do this and can even make things worse.From posts on this forum It looks like many buyers have just given up and returned their purchases. I dont believe that Bose could have tested this system properly with the Adaptiq software in proper domestic environments otherwise they would have discovered what many of their customers have. For example to illustrate how individual the set up can be I tried lots of ways including the one from nick _lus and yours wes253 and they didn’t work. I also had problems setting up surround speakers and software / Android issues with the Bose music app all of which I have now resolved.I have owned and used professionally Bose products in the past but will think twice before doing this again.

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Can anyone else believe that this company is straight endorsing another user’s hack work-around suggestion? This is completely unbelievable. Fix the software nobody should be going home from your office until it’s done. What is going on here? Endorsing another user’s hack as a solution.

I hate that this company has my money. What are we supporting exactly?

They can’t even at least just own up and say sorry.