Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2019

Re: Base module 700 very weak bass

still no solution from the bose production? it's shameful, I'm currently doing bad publicity to bose products on all home theater forums. Mr. Bose wakes up a giant like you can't afford this or you're just going bankrupt for your business...

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 4, 2019

Hahaha it's a joke isn't it...

Can't believe that the **bleep** is actually happening 😄

Bose is asking you to work around their system because they can't fix it lol
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 5, 2019

They don't want to solve because devoting programmers to solve the problem for bose is expensive (bad business management) ... the problem is only software! given by the adaptiq in the calibration phase, and by how the sb700 firmware communicates with the bass module. Yet following the "Nick_Lus" procedure, where many users have solved, the problem seems to be only about equalizing the bass module's volume. because the frequencies are produced but at too low a volume. Bose help us! Here we are all trying to help you solve the problem.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2019

Hi Derek,

I recently purchase the Bose 700 Soundbar and bass module, I feel the same - no bass unless I set it to 100 , can you please tell me what worked for you ?
Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2019

Hi Slingshot,

I had a Sony Bravia too and I am in the same boat , calibrated Soundbar without bass , still I don’t feel the bass very low , unless I set it to 100 . Do you know how you fixed it ?
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

This is the Nick lus fix as endorsed by Bose

Hold the phone guys! Lost post but it’s the final solution! Okay so I’ve been reading all of your replies and responses for days now. What led me here is the exact same issue each of you describe, boss module is basically a paper weight.

I have the answer, and yes it will work for everyone. So here’s the issue, it’s the Adaptiq program, software whatever. I read this response on one of these threads, it’s sucks to have great equipment hindered by software. That’s what this is, but now let’s fix this right? I’m telling once you do this you’re gonna love me bc this thing gddamn rocks the entire building.

First, delete the sound bar from your account. Now take your remote and hold power and skip forward button for 5 seconds. Make sure your bass is plugged in when you do this. Your sound bar will beep then restart and everything is back to default.

Now follow me here, add your sound bar back to your account and go through the entire procedure again, keeping your bass plugged in. Now when you get to the Adaptiq section take your headset and place it 12” from your sound bar open end towards the bar but it must be at the same height as the sound bar. I placed my soundbar on a TV dinner stand then my headset on another TV Dinner stand 12” in front of the soundbar. Each time it tells you to move to the next spot simply move the headset a couple of inches in each direction ensuring it still stays the same height as your soundbar. Once it’s complete you’ll hear the bass module hit. Test it out and Bam! Bass city. I’m at -40 and my **bleep** floors are still shaking just from commercials. Btw I have the 82” Samsung Q9 and this is amazing. Instead of taking my bass module back I actually went and purchased the surround sound speakers bc I was so in love.

Here’s the thing, when I plugged in my surround sound speakers and went back through the entire process again my bass didn’t work. A little frustrated I simply repeated the exact same steps above and it worked every time. I went back through this at least 9 times since yesterday and every time my bass module comes to thunderous life. I really hope you guys see this message before you return it. I’m so happy I didn’t panic and return it. I saw a guy on here around Christmas time with the exact same setup as me and he just couldn’t figure it out, I was so heart broken to read his frustration bc I too felt it. But alas let me be the one to tell you this ish really does **bleep** work, don’t give up. I’m going to keep coming back here to answer your questions since I feel like I solved the problem.

A simple software update could fix this by Bose.

[Moderator edit]

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello everyone,

Thanks for posting in the community, I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Bass Module 700. What you are describing is not the normal behavior, as the bass should be functioning the best it can for the room set up, I would recommend that you call the customer care team as they will be able to assist you further with this issue.  Please follow this link to find the details on how to contact the customer care team in your area https://bose.life/2f4nJid.

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Have a great day!

Kindest regards, 

Zoe_C

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 2, 2019

👌 it worked! **bleep**!!!! Bass is at 0 now still I feel the walls trembling .... loving every inch of it now ......
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 12, 2019

Has this update

Bose Music App Update, May 8th 2019

fixed a bug "LOW BASS"?
Highlighted

Hi Ramshik, 

Thanks for your post.

This update adds a bass module volume level control to the Bose Music app, which allows you to turn up or down the output level of a bass module connected to a Bose smart soundbar.

Hope this helps, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!