Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 5, 2020

Re: Base module 700 very weak bass

I just got SB 700 and SW 700. And having the same problem. There is nothing from base. 

Is there a way to solve this issue?

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 22, 2019

@rajat710 If you just bought it, then return it and get a different set. If that works for you , keep it. Else return the entire set and buy something else. I am not happy doing workarounds to get a system working for the amount of money Bose charges. 

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

May 25, 2019

Suggestion I wrote elsware.

Go on optic configuration if possible.

Force whenever it is possible on all sources Dolby Digital for Soundbar 500 ans Dolby Digital plus or DTS when possible for Soundbar 700.

For my sets where I have a LG OLED 55C7V and Apple TV, I forced Dolby Digital on the  TV (I removed Auto), I forced Dolby Digital 5.1 (I removed Auto), and then it just became wouah .... tell me if it works

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 5, 2020

Thank you. I will try that.

But the sound is the same even for the songs that I am playing via phone. They are 256Kbps AAC format. So it should sound nice. 

I increased the Base module volume to +40, now it is better. But not worth the money yet.

*I so wish that I have read this thread before buying the speakers.

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

May 25, 2019

Maybe a redo an adaptiq because this calibrate the room only with the sound bar and the phone, no other intermeidate like audio format or whatever .... 

I thought your message was in general not for music...

What music app are you using ? 

For the choice of the system I agree with you, if I didn't have the constraint of very slim soundbar to put in front of Tv I would have go for Sonos beam + sub + 2 one or SL for almost the same price ... (The Sub is a little bit expensive but you can put 2 Sonos one or Sl for the same price of surround speak on bose).

Because there are no help no info no transparency, and updates take weeks months and more without solving pbs and without transparencies .... Sonos sounds and act more like Apple on this way .

Bose don't understand how OTA, speed of resolution, communication is important.

Despite great HW products, they seems to get stuck in an other time for SW,Updates, Calibration, which are strong point for other companies, it is a weak point for Bose

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 5, 2019

I understand your displeasure but I personally when I purchased the soundbar and the bass module I already knew about the calibration problems .... but such a beautiful and finely cared for product there is nothing .. then just follow the method " nick lus "(search the forum) and solve the problem 100%. and you have an aesthetic furniture product with a breathtaking sound.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 5, 2020

Hello,

Finally, I made them work.!!! Earlier my SW was closed from 3 sides. I moved to the other side of the TV table where it is open on 2 sides. And did the setup again and moved back SW to its original position. 

I know, I should not have kept it at 3  sides closed space, but that is the only place I can keep that.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 26, 2020

Never thought I’d be a part of this community, but so stoked it exists. It’s been super helpful. This will be a tad long, but hopefully it helps the community and maybe the company move forward. 

TL/DR: do your AdaptIQ without your sub after a full reset of your system. It’ll be great, just not perfect. 

I got my start 20 years ago doing high end home theater. Krell, Levinson and flavor of the month boutique amps and 6 figure speaker systems acoustically engineered to the rooms they were placed in. I’m more of a tube amp, 2.1 guy personally, but I’ve designed and executed some killer installations using the finest components man has marketed to us. I have a tough room in my own house with zero space for audio gear. Turns out, a Soundbar 300, surrounds and Bass Module 700 fit perfectly. 

Everyone here is right. AdaptIQ is, and I’m not trying to editorialize too hard, a bit rubbish if you’re looking for bass. It does some awesome things and really gets you 90% of the way there for a custom room calibration, minus the bass. As someone that has done this manually from the early days, it gets good results without an actual engineer measuring and treating your room. We live in great times. 

I think the crux of the issue is the engineers that put this system together simply hate bass (that’s editorial). Feeling, hearing or experiencing it on any level to be more precise. 

After a hard reset of everything, I did an AdaptIQ with the sub unplugged. I put it back in the system and WOW. There’s a Velodyne DD18 in my music room, and while this isn’t it, it is respectable.

Sadly, I wish the overall EQ reflected this. You are making a compromise if you use this technique, or the close mic technique also detailed in the thread. It’s not what you were sold, though for the money, it’s hard to beat as a problem solver for tough rooms. I’m a happy enough customer, but I’ve spent more on cables for my real system than what I’ve got wrapped up in Bose. 

Here’s my shout out to the folks at the company hopefully listening. Perhaps a few taste options could exist in AdaptIQ. Mine sounds great now, but the mid low frequencies are muddy because I fooled the system into making my sub not suck. Maybe an “expert mode” where a few pedants can tweak and share settings? 

Anyways, thanks for reading. Comments, flames and questions are always appreciated. Cheers!

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Silent Starter
Registered since

May 19, 2020

Where is the adjustments to arrange Base.