Registered since

May 9, 2019

Re: Base module 700 very weak bass

Vicky?? Whats next?

Jessie_O

Hey Pfunks, 

Thanks for coming back to us! 

If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps outlined in this thread, I would recommend reaching out to our team for assistance. You can do this by clicking the LINK HERE, selecting your country, and scrolling down to 'Contact Us'. We will be more than happy to help you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Pfunks
Advocate
Registered since

May 9, 2019

Nothing in this thread is a legit fix

sidhugps1
Participant
Registered since

Jan 13, 2021

Guys, the key here is ADAPTiQ. 
First things first, even if your 700 sound-bar or sub is not producing the best sound as you expected, you need to believe that you purchased the best available in the market from market leader. So it’s worth giving a try with your settings until you rule out or exhaust all the permutations and combinations.

I recently purchased 700 sound bar and sub and was initially not satisfied with the sound at all. 

Problem: My sub was not producing the desired bass and sound bar itself was not producing the quality that I was expecting. I am having meridian sound system in my car with subwoofer of kicker so I was benchmarking the sound with my car’s sound but unfortunately my Bose 700 was no where near to my Car’s sound (although this comparison is not fair but that’s where my satisfaction and comparison lied). 

What I was not doing correctly: I ran ADAPTiQ several times but I was not covering the length and breadth of my living room. I was just changing my couch seats and running the ADAPTiQ within that limited area. 

How I fixed:

I got this fixed by properly running ADAPTiQ. The way it worked for me was that unlike what Bose suggests, instead of occupying my favourite seats while running the ADAPTiQ  , I just went into the each of the four corners of the room (or far ends of the room) near to the walls and ran ADAPTiQ. The fifth location for ADAPTiQ that I choose was the centre of my couch just in front of TV. This drastically Improved the output of both sub and sound bar.
So for example, if you have a dining area as well in your living room, just don’t ignore that space while performing ADAPTiQ just because you don’t occupy those seats while listening to music or watching movies. Just cover the length and breadth of your room area.

It worked well for me and I can say that yes!!!! I have purchased Bose 🙂 

While this may not sound a very technical solution but it worked for me and the way I look at it is that the sound bar and sub uses walls and dimensions as it’s baseline. So my suggestion is that if you are facing issues with sounds try running ADAPTiQ multiple times by resetting it and changing your locations till the time you are satisfied with the sound. The key here is ADAPTiQ.

My second suggestion is that in audio settings you need to set centre channel slightly up (I have used 50 ). This will increase the clarity of sound substantially. In fact I am using both centre channel and bass (bass for both sub and soundbar) as 50. 

For me now it’s working perfectly!

GoBlue99
Participant
Registered since

Mar 21, 2017

TL;DR summary- I ran the Nick lus fix and it fixed my sub! My bass is thunderous now 🌩

Details- I added the 700 Bass module to my existing 700 soundbar, and I wasn't very impressed. I had the bass set to +50 and I could only barely feel it. I figured it was just the limitations of being a wireless sub. I didn't think too much of it, since this sub was in the family room (not in my media room).

Then I figured something was wrong, and decided to research the issue. I ran the Nick lus instructions as detailed in this thread, and it immediately fixed the issue. Now I have it set at +0 and I can feel the bass at all times, even in generic TV ads. I'm thinking I may need to turn it to -10! The bass sounds really good with music too (either a music source, or a song in a movie). 

BartskiNL
Participant
Registered since

Jan 24, 2021

I recognize a lot of reactions here about the first setup disappointments. I have had the exact same experience. I am not a fanboy but in favor of the soundstage of Bose products for quite some time. I was in doubt though to buy their soundbar and sub because of the complaints about the bass performance and other listed soundstage related issue's.

After reading the manual and running the first setup I got that same disappointed feeling. I cannot agree more with sidhugps1 that you have to make a bit of an effort to make it work and to pull out the full potential of this set (as with any set I think). I did not exactly follow sidhugps1 way of running the Adaptiq setup, but it is absolutely true that the Adaptiq setup will make the difference between average and immersive. After a few tests with Adaptiq I got really convinced after a run where I forgot to move my place when starting the second of the five checkpoints. It actually noticed and told me I didn't move. That made it very clear for me that there was something to gain there.

For a better subwoofer bass performance I followed a suggestion I read on another forum. It was a general suggestion to put the sub on your favorite listening spot. So indeed place it on your couch and play a well equipped base track. While you do so, crawl around the room down on your knees (yes you can) and try to hear where your bass response is strongest. That would than be the ideal subwoofer spot. So they say.... The result was that with the natural bass amplification of the discovered sweet spot,  the Adaptiq setup reduced that surplus of bass leading me exactly to that weak bass issue 😐

With that in mind I started not only to seek the sweet spot for the sub, but also for spots where bass was average and spots where it almost 'phased out', so as good as absent. Not surprisingly almost all corners of the room gave me more bass. There were differences though. Some spots were more percussive (drums) and other spots emphasized the baselines (base and synth). So that gives you a choice between boom-boom and warmth. Just what you like most. I used the average 'warmth' spot during my Adaptiq setup and afterwards moved the sub to the best bass sweet (warmth) spot. Bass is now very close to ideal for me and the overall soundstage indeed very broad. Sounds are surprisingly entering from spots where absolutely no speaker is present. It still freaks me out every now and then 😀. Bass now feels equally present to other frequencies. It is thumpy and warm, but more important it is only present when it was originally there. Not artificially or over amplified. The system is now able to promiscuously serve Vivaldi, Dr. Dre, a power balled, Disco or Dancetracks and also give me that promised immersive movie experience without 'moving the sliders' in the app. I do not experience bass kicking in either to much or to less anymore unless it was intentional from the source. It really is a sweet treat. If I would like to, I can set it to 'annihilate eardrum mode' or reduce to lower levels but there is no need for doing that anymore.
The suggestion from sidhugps1 is true, the more you broaden the Adaptiq spots over the room the broader the soundstage gets. But do stay out of the sub's sweet spot area's or it will most certainly leave you with that baseless soundstage.

The suggestion to remove the sub entirely during the Adaptiq setup did not convince me at all. Unless it is just bass you are looking for. The resulting narrow soundstage and overcompensated bass tired me down completely. Audio frequencies were both over- and under-present after adding the sub again. It was a mess.

And last but not least, if you experience that no matter what you do there is no noticeable difference, remove the soundbar and sub from the app or remove the app entirely and start over. I experienced this on Android and removing the devices from the app and re-registering them again gave me that fresh start. It looks like it sometimes refuses to forget a former Adaptiq setup.

So there is a bit more to it than a quick tweak or by faking the system. As with anything, you have to make a bit of an effort. It is impossible for any company to, out of the box, tailor down on the exact sound acoustics of your room. With Adaptiq I think Bose at least gives out a tool to work your way out of average and lead you to that immersive sound experience. From what I experienced it most certainly is not the hardware. I hope this will help others to pull out that same experience. Good luck !

Pfunks
Advocate
Registered since

May 9, 2019

Thanks for the info. Your more helpful and knowledgeable than bose has been.  

Pfunks
Advocate
Registered since

May 9, 2019

Still no fix bose!  Are u working on a fix?

Pfunks
Advocate
Registered since

May 9, 2019

Still no fix bose!  Are u working on a fix?

Pfunks
Advocate
Registered since

May 9, 2019

Thanks bose