Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2019

Re: Base module 700 very weak bass

Yes obviously this is a workaround. And it is certainly better than the alternative which is virtually no base at all. And to answer the question on mids, mine scream. I took the exact same steps when I added my surround sound and them suckers are killer. I have the entire system now, SB SW and Surround, this thing is killer. I get compliments from every single person that sits in my chair and either 1) watches a youtube video, movie or 2) listens to their sond through Bluetooth. Its incredible. Hope you guys are finding resolve

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 4, 2019

Like Nick said, surround sound speakers are great. The experience goes up a notch with Netflix. You can always increase center speaker volume from Bose Music app. This will make it better for mids. Yes, it's a workaround and definitely not perfect for the money you pay for it.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2019

This is true, but you gotta work with what you got. Bose will come around and hire some engineers to fix this software issue and it will be a thing of the past. 

@amansehdev wrote:
Like Nick said, surround sound speakers are great. The experience goes up a notch with Netflix. You can always increase center speaker volume from Bose Music app. This will make it better for mids. Yes, it's a workaround and definitely not perfect for the money you pay for it.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 16, 2019

Hi Nick
I recently got the full kit sound bar sub n rear speakers and I deleted the adaptQ and ran it again as your instruction and the bass is good much better then before.

I would love to know what are your app settings for the bass rear speakers and center channel?

Regards
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 22, 2019

I have tried the adaptiq method on my soundbar 700 and bass 700. The bass is better but the mids and highs become weak. You have to sacrifice the sound quality by 40% in order to get a normal bass. I rather turn off the adaptiq and set the bass level to 100.

However, when bass level is set to 100, I tried to disconnect the bass module.
I find that the soundbar itself produce more bass volume. The bass module produce deeper bass but at lower volume.

I have had a bass module 500 before and sold it because I thought the 500 is too small for soundbar 700. But now I know this is definitely software problem because bm500 and 700 has almost no difference at all, ie. weak bass like its not existing and even weak than soundbar itself.

If you accept the sound quality of the bass 700 you can just buy a bass 500 or just use the soundbar itself.

Maybe the engineer didn't design a method to update the bass module firmware. It lacks a USB port unlike the soundbar which makes the problem impossible to fix.

Highlighted

Hello StevenY, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I am so sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Bass Module 700. Thank you for the steps you have already tried, I will pass your feedback on to our development team for them to become aware of the issue. 

In the meantime, there is a great post by @nick_lus on this page here which quite a few users have found helped them achieve the level of bass they wanted. 

Should this fix not work for you, please let me know and we can look to find an alternative method. 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 22, 2019

I have moved it to the other side of my living room and then the bass is much better now.

Try every corner and wall in your home even it's far from your TV. There are still some spot that the bass cancel itself and I can feel very little bass.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 26, 2019

Is there still no fix for this?? I purchased this $1,800 system a few days ago and have only heard a whisper from the "shake the walls" bass module. After wasting nearly 5 hours following the methods that were suggested in this thread (and site) with no improvement, I am about to just give up and return everything. 

Highlighted

Hi Wes253,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Bose Community.

One suggestion I would have is to restart the setup of your system but do not include the bass module within the AdaptiQ setup. This means that the bass levels will be in the out-of-box state.

To do this: Delete the soundbar from your account on the app. On your remote, press and hold power and skip forward button for 5 approximately 5 seconds and this will factory default the whole system.

I would then unplug your bass module and proceed to set up your system. Once the system is set up, add your bass module to the system and without AdaptiQ, you should hear a significant increase in bass.

Let me know if this helps.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 26, 2019

I have already tried this method with no improvement in bass response.