Community Manager

Re: Base module 700 very weak bass

Hi Dereknelson86

Now that the soundbar is defaulted, were you able to add the bass module back, and was there an increase in bass?

The AdaptIQ feature works great in the majority of homes, but in some cases there may be some issues due to different materials in the room etc.  Let us know if re-calibrating without the bass module has helped.  If it does not, there may be an issue with the bass module and I'd advise contacting local support.  Just click HERE and select your country and Contact Us at the bottom.

Warm Regards,

Tony A

stefan94
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

Hi, I just bought the soundbar and bass module 700. I’m experiencing the same issue, very low bass even when turned to 100(max) through the app. I feel like the soundbar by itself produces a better bass than the module. I did a factory reset on the system and there’s no change at all.
Dereknelson86
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 10, 2018

This made a tremendous difference. Went from almost zero bass to being able to feel it now. Thank you!!!
fingusio
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 18, 2018

Same problem here, so how to fix it?

Again make adaptiq w/o bass module?

Slingshot
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 23, 2018

I just bought my SB700 and BM700 two weeks ago and it was perfect.  But this week i noticed that the bass was not as punchy as when i first installed it when watching TV.  I'v placed my hand over the bass and i could feel that the bass is working but not loud enough.  But when i switch to music, the bass is definitely louder.  What gives?  Is there something that i need to adjust?  I have the bass up to 100 and my tv is a Sony Bravia.  I've also set up the adapt IQ on both soundbar and bass module at the same time.

I was thinking of returning the BM700 and getting another one to see if there's a difference.  Any advice before i do?

thanks.

Hello Prem1068,

Thank you for posts.

I would suggest trying to rerun Adapt IQ to see if it improves the bass response on the bass module.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Hi fingusio,

Thank you for the question.

I just want to clarify with you. You no longer want to use the bass module and want to rerun AdaptIQ? 

Let me know.

Regards,

Joel 

Rav
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 3, 2018

Hi,
I have tried everything that has been suggested on this site but to no avail. I am fairly frustrated that the 700 is not like the previous bose models for the amount that i paid. Honestly i am extremely disappointed after constantly calling the bose helpline and visiting the store for them to look at and not getting any bass. Any help before I return the unit would be appreciated.
Sikwidityo
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 22, 2018

@Rav

I'm sorry to read you are having trouble getting the Bass Module 700 to work.  If you have tried everything on this site that was previously suggested.  It's sometimes best to start from step one with someone walking you through the process.

When you mentioned trying everything on this site.  Were you referring to this thread also?

Sik

Rav
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 3, 2018

@sik
Yes - i meant this thread. In addition i ran through the resetting procedure with bise customer service and took the unit into a bose store afterwards, but still not happy with the bass - at high volumes you get some bass but at low volume its does not exist - not like the cinemate i had.
Thanks