Sikwidityo
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 22, 2018

Re: Base module 700 very weak bass

@Rav

Okay.  Well, a few folks (in this thread) that had the same issue simply ran the AdaptIQ on the Soundbar 700 without the Bass Module 700 connected and unplugged.

Once the setup was completed to the Soundbar 700.  They then went into the BoseMusic app and added the Bass Module 700 in the "Accessory Speakers" section.  Theirs worked fine afterwards.

If you have done it in these exact steps and are still having issues.  I would definitely ask the retailer to set it up in your home (for free of course) or, getting it exchanged or returned.

I hope this helps.

Sik

MPA
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

Reading you people, I realise I may have the same issue. Had to push the parameter to +80 / +100 to fell the bass. Will re run Adaptiq and plug in the module after. 

Thanks!

ybo
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 24, 2018

Hello,

had the same problem with the BM700. I (a) connected the BM700 with the SB700 by audio cable and in the "Bose Audio App" i (b) disabled AdaptIQ and (c) pushed the bass parameter to +50. Now everything - TV and music - is fine.

ybo

Pez
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 17, 2018

Hi everyone,

My new Base module 700 has also very weak bass using the Soundbar 700.

In order to feel the bass, I have to go with the Bose Music App (tap the soundbar image in the bottom-right corner of the screen) and set the bass levels at 100 (maximum level!) and turn up TV extremely loud just to feel the difference.

Screenshot_20181219_065714_com.bose.bosemusic.jpg

What I have :

WIFI is perfect.

The BM700 is connected to the Soundbar 700 by WIFI.

The SB700 is connected with HDMI to the TV.

My TV is a Panasonic TX-55CRW434 TV LED Ultra HD 4K Curved.

Sound tests:

I tried with 2 movies, «Sherlock Holmes 2 » and « Heart of the sea (Moby **bleep** origins) ».

I tried using my mobile phone (a Huawei) with Bluethooth and YouTube music, using songs with high bass level.

In both case, if I place my hand on the bass module, I can feel very weak vibrations (this with bass levels set at 100, maximum level)

I set first the SB700 with adaptiq calibration and THEN added the BM700 with Bose Music.

The bas is in a corner of the room.

When I added BM700 for first time, a white line was blinking on the SB700 (if was trying to connecting to wifi or what?)

THIS IS MY SECOND BM700, I bought Sunday the first one and got the same problem, so the shop just changed the BM with a new one but always the same issue.

So I guess something is wrong in the install procedure of the SB, Adaptiq calibration and BM700 ?

All this is extremly frustating for what I paid. What can I do?

Community Manager

Hi Pez,

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to help!

• Just wanted to confirm here, were they able to test the bass module in the store that was under performing?
  • How big is the room you're using the system in?
  • Have you tried the bass module with the AdaptIQ calibration?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Pez
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 17, 2018

Hi Tony, thank you for your answer. 

1. They were able to test the BM700 togheter with the Soundbar, they found some technical problem and gived to me a new bass module. It was supposed to work but...
  2. The room is 4.10meters x 4.61meters (more or less). I post a picture and a draw of it to let better understand. 
  3. I tried first time to do the AdaptIQ calibration with the bass module and second time discontecting and unpluggiing the module bass (so just the soundbar connected), but nothing changed. 

I also moved every device to the same WIFI 5GHz: my Huawei phone, the Panasonic TV, the SB700 with the BM700. But didn't help.

On Sunday 16 December I started to have this issue. It's frustating to spend time and energy considering what I paid for the SB and MB.

A good Bose technician should come and help me (the shop Mediamarkt want to be paid). 

Thank you Tony. 

sala.jpgIMG_20181219_200739.jpg

Dmzarco
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 13, 2018

I Pez, same problem here, for me seem an issue of ADATIPQ setup, i've a room with a similar setup and dimension of you.

If i place the Soundbass module near left the Soundbar the ADATIPQ procedure set the bass at high (too high) level.

If i place the Soundbass module in the correct place for me (very simailar your setup) the sound is too weak.

Seem that we have purchased a product that Bose had to refine deeply.

For me the setup and control procedure only via Phone APP is a wrong choice, some basic control should be avalaible in other way!

Also there is a lack of information avalable, one for all, it's not possible to see what the tv arc connection stream the sound data to soundbar (format, etc.).

I hope Bose correct this..

Ciao (seem you are Italian like me)

Community Manager

Hi Pez,

Thanks for the great update!

When you disconnected the power on the bass module, did you factory default the system first?  You would need to do so to remove any calibration from the soundbar.  Let's give this a try and default the soundbar and bass module while they're connected wirelessly.  From here, run AdaptIQ only on the soundbar and leave the bass module disconnected from power.  Once setup is finished on the soundbar, let's add the bass module back to see if this helps increase bass performance.  I really appreciate your time troubleshooting with us, as the Bass Module 700 is one of our best performing bass modules.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Pez
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 17, 2018

Hi Tony, 

I tried as you suggested, but there was no improvement of the BM700. 

I if lay the hand on the BM, there's no vibrations still I put on 80 or 100 lv the basses and high volume of the TV. 

I have to say when I do the AdaptIQ calibration I can hear the bass.. so it's maybe a problem of the AdaptIQ calibration or the installation process?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give!

Community Manager

Hi Pez,

This is certainly odd, especially with multiple bass modules.  When you had the exchanged, it sounds like it was at the store. If we can, I'd recommend exchanging the bass module through our support line, so when the bass module arrives back to our return facility, we can have our engineers take a look at the issue.  Just click HERE and select your country and Contact Us at the bottom of the page.  I'm also wondering if there was a bad batch of bass modules at this one location potentially.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A