hindesbeans
Participant
Registered since

Apr 8, 2019

Re: Base module 700 very weak bass

nick_lus you are a legend!

I was about ot take mine all back to Bose, I was not only utterly dissapointed but angry with myself for buying such an expensive system which was totally rubbish.

Followed your steps (not hopeful) and BOOM.... exactly what i wanted, Perfect.

I'm going to print off your instructions and staple them to the Bose instructions, so that when I need to re-instal, I know what to do without relying on my memory.

BrianJP
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 8, 2019

Still no response to this customer fix yet.
Don't hold your breath!
nick_lus
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2019

For some reason I wasn't able to sign in from my phone to respond to you guys. Started thinking maybe I was blocked? But I'm in on my laptop now. 

To answer the question previously, my sw was placed on the right of my SB, approx 3 feet away, plugged up wirelessly. My steps worked time and time again. Glad to see i saved some of you from taking it back. Man when you get it working it's absolutely freaking AMAZING!

nick_lus
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 2, 2019

Are you awaiting a response from me on something? This fix actually works, take the steps exactly as I described and I promise you it won't disapppoint. THere are several threads running parralel to this one, if somecone could link to this step Bose is going to keep some customers. The Adaptiq is clearly the issue, this work around will bring your SW to life however. Post your questions, I'll respond now that I can get in on my laptop.

DubCity
Advocate
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Can confirm the temporary workaround 100% works. Absolutely hilarious that on a $2000 system Bose still has us tricking the software 7 months later and won’t fix it or update us on the situation.
Drigga
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

@nick_lus wrote:
Hold the phone guys! Long post but it’s the final solution! Okay so I’ve been reading all of your replies and responses for days now. What led me here is the exact same issue each of you describe, bass module is basically a paper weight.

I have the answer, and yes it will work for everyone. So here’s the issue, it’s the Adaptiq program, software whatever. I read this response on one of these threads, it’s sucks to have great equipment hindered by software. That’s what this is, but now let’s fix this sh!t right? I’m telling once you do this you’re gonna love me bc this thing rocks the entire building.

First, delete the sound bar from your account. Now take your remote and hold power and skip forward button for 5 seconds. Make sure your bass is plugged in when you do this. Your sound bar will beep then restart and everything is back to default.

Now follow me here, add your sound bar back to your account and go through the entire procedure again, keeping your bass plugged in. Now when you get to the Adaptiq section take your headset and place it 12” from your sound bar open end towards the bar but it must be at the same height as the sound bar. I placed my soundbar on a TV dinner stand then my headset on another TV Dinner stand 12” in front of the soundbar. Each time it tells you to move to the next spot simply move the headset a couple of inches in each direction ensuring it still stays the same height as your soundbar. Once it’s complete you’ll hear the bass module hit. Test it out and Bam! Bass city. I’m at -40 and my **bleep** floors are still shaking just from commercials. Btw I have the 82” Samsung Q9 and this is amazing. Instead of taking my bass module back I actually went and purchased the surround sound speakers bc I was so in love.

Here’s the thing, when I plugged in my surround sound speakers and went back through the entire process again my bass didn’t work. A little frustrated I simply repeated the exact same steps above and it worked every time. I went back through this at least 9 times since yesterday and every time my bass module comes to thunderous life. I really hope you guys see this message before you return it. I’m so happy I didn’t panic and return it. I saw a guy on here around Christmas time with the exact same setup as me and he just couldn’t figure it out, I was so heart broken to read his frustration bc I too felt it. But alas let me be the one to tell you this ish really does **bleep** work, don’t give up. I’m going to keep coming back here to answer your questions since I feel like I solved the problem.

A simple software update could fix this by Bose.

What about the mids?

I bet that they‘re killed by doing your method. 

dniklewicz
Participant
Registered since

Apr 2, 2019

Yes, they are. With AdaptIQ and without equalizer you have to choose between nice bass and nice mids. Thanks Bose.

I was supposed to replace my wireless speakers with Bose. Soundbar 700 and Bass Module are my first Bose devices and I am amazed how many issues they have and how expensive they are at the same time.

I have been planning to buy few Home Speaker 500 to replace my current multi-room setup but right now I am considering replacing the bar because sound quality and product development based on promises does not meet the price.

Drigga
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

Bose‘s really really bad.
I still regret that I chose Bose before Sonos.
The SB700 is just an overpriced brick. Even their community website doesn‘t work properly since I can‘t login sometimes...
Hector_B

Hi Drigga, 

Thanks for your post. We are very sorry to hear that you feel this way. 

If you are encountering any issues, I would love to help you resolve them.

I have also forwarded the log in issue onto the relevant team. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
harshharsh26
Participant
Registered since

Apr 13, 2019

Just got the new sb700 and have the same low bass issue. Trick with adaptiq setup at 12 inches improved the performance but still not as great..Now wondering if I get bass i don't get enough mids ..Is this really the fix or just a workaround till Bose fix the firmware/software ?