May 2, 2019

Re: Base module 700 very weak bass

Yes, I feel the solid bass now. 👍
Claudio sax
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 5, 2019

I noticed that they updated the app changing the name to the bass volume equalization ... I couldn't test whether this brought improvements to the system because currently my system works thanks to the NICK_LUS method. Honestly, I'm afraid to disconnect the system to try again with the new update ... I hope that this update resolves everything, but I strongly doubt it because the update should be in the Sounbar 700 firmware and not in the bose app!

If any Bose technician can give us any clarifications we will be grateful.

yubeie
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 12, 2018

I have the Bose 700 soundbar + Bass Module 700. With the latest firmware and the software update (with dedicated Bass speaker levels), placing the bass module in corner, the bass is finally noticeable.

I don't know if the system is fully performing to it's potential. But at-least I can defnitely notice a significant difference ever since the bass speaker levels have been added. Now, with the bass module level set to +30 and actual bass set to +20/+30 and volume 4/15, The entire room (around 15x15ft) can feel it. 

Increasing either the bass levels or the volume to anything beyond 5/15 I can feel the room shake. 

Overall after 6months of pain..I feel it's working finally. fingers crossed I'm not experiencing the pop issues that others are reporting in another thread.

jlprosp
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 28, 2019

Sorry I am complicating somethign that shouldnt be. But I just purchased these products and experiencing the same issues as others with the bass module. So I reset my soundbar to default and left my bass module plugged, when I add the soundbar back to my account do I add the bass module as well or are you saying skip that and rerun the adaptiq program and it will somehow automatically add the bass module back? 

Peter34
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 14, 2019

I have the same issue. When i placed the heaset 12" away from the soundbar. The app states the surrounds are to loud. Still having issues getting the SW to be loud. 

Hello Peter34, 

Thanks for joining the discussion. Welcome to the site. 

I'd recommend checking out this video for information about how the frequency level controls work in the Bose Music app. This should assist you in understanding how to increase the level to meet your needs. 

With regards to AdaptiQ, you can learn more about this here. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

Kub33
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 28, 2019

When you are using the nick_lus fix do you add the bass module back right after the restart?  Or do you run the Adaptiq first and then add the bass module after?

finfree
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Mar 2, 2019

I scrubbed everything, added the bass module back, set the bass 3ft from Sound bar, ran adaptIQ.  After tuning (nick_lus method) I moved the bass back to where I wanted it to sit in the room.  Unit works great.