stefan94
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 12, 2018

Re: Base module 700 very weak bass

They’re all fake reviews. I’ve tried everything to get my bass module to work and with no success. I’m very disappointed with bose and their 700$ bass module.
ybo
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Oct 24, 2018

Our kitchen-tv is connected with the soundbar 500 and the bass module 500. Yesterday evening we saw a tv-film with a permanent heavy bass loaded background music. I had to reduce the bass from +30 to 0. Then we continued watching the same tv-film in the living-room. The tv there is connected to a soundbar 700 and the bass module 700. And i had to reduce the bass here from +40 down to zero too.

So it is clear: 5 stars for bose. But in deed it seems that there is different hardware out there.

ybo

Tonya20a
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 7, 2018

I’m affraid it is a case where an audio device producer tries to become a software company. Very fancy application they have without any real use but with lots of errors. I assume the bass module is fine it is just not driven properly by the soundbar in some cases and hence there is no manual set up possible (why???) one can’t even correct the mistake. I can’t make any chanel louder so I’m completely delivered to the AdaptIQ set up, which seems to be buggy or at least not prepeared for a number of set ups... 

Anyway I give a try relocating the bass modul inside the room to see the effect, but if no success I have to start the discussions with Amazon to take the whole pack back (which won’t be easy as they delivered it in three parts and only the bass modul will be inside the timeframe of replacement)

Regards,

Toni 

Bubbaloo
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 24, 2018

I am under the same issue. But that really bums me out. So I will have to stay with a half built home theater as I can no longer return the other equipment. That is $1,100.00 not well spent.
Rafaelsilva
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 25, 2018

Sorry but that does not work. I am very disappointed. My friends 300 sounds great but my 700 sounds like a cheap box.

I will call support today. And I am really getting annoyed. To many complaints and bose doesnt seems to find a solution.

I noticed today that when doing the IQ. That the base does not sound during the test. The base from the sound bar is the one sounding. Which probably the issue.
Bubbaloo
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 24, 2018

You are correct. The subwoofer does not make a sound when it comes to utilizing the Adaptiq. So I am guessing exchanging it won’t make a difference?
clprice
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 26, 2018

Very little bass from Bass Module 700

For some reason a Bose rep moved this post to a competely unrelated topic! What the hell is going on? Why wont you address what seems to be a rampant issue?

I got the Soundbar 700 and Bass Module 700 for Christmas. Setup was easy but the sub produces very little bass. Certainly not the "room filling, wall shaking" sound I've seen in some of the reviews. I read the other forum post where someone was having a similar issue. I tried resetting and recalibrating the soundbar without the sub connected and its still VERY quiet. Even with the sub turned up to 100. This is incredibly frustrating. I feel as though this is an instance of software hampering quality hardware. I long for the days of simple, high qualiy equipment.

I have a 4k Samsung QLED tv with smart apps and a PS4 Pro. I've tried streaming on Prime, Netflix and YoutubeTV. I've played games on the PS4 and none of it seems to make a difference. I'll likely be returning this $700 paperweight. 

clprice
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 26, 2018

This absolutely is crazy to me. Clearly this is a situation of great hardware crippled by terrible software. I've tried all the suggestions in this thread and the module still produces very little bass. For $1400 this should be an amazing product. Somewhere some dumb executive thought it would be cool to have an "app" and cool software and I'm sure the engineers who built the bar and bass module are just as frustrated as we are. 

Also, I doubt we'll hear from Bose in this thread since its marked "solved". They keep routing my other posts to threads that are also marked "solved" eventhough i've tried the solution in those threads and it hasn't worked. 

Bubbaloo
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 24, 2018

So what do you think is our solution at this point? I can return the bass module but not the rest of the system as it is pass the 30 days.

I have reas countless reviews of people praising this bass module throughout different retailers so I really don’t get what they have versus what we have.
Dmzarco
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 13, 2018

The most incredibile things is that bose have marked solved this thread.
The problem is software, not hardware, bose must regain us the control over the hardware. The dumb app is a piece crapware .