Oramon
Participant
Registered since

Dec 13, 2020

Bass 700 Module does not work anymore

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Bass Module 700

79346F76-402E-46DF-925F-9A666BAF8BD5.jpeg

Country

Spain

Firmware Version

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

iPhone X on iOS14

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

The Bass module does not work anymore, no light is on. It likes dead!

What environment do you experience the issue in?

(noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

Doesn’t work 

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

I noticed today, it worked some days before

Any troubleshooting steps you took

No light even after resetting, unplugging the cable and plugging again and it does not work, no light, impossible to pair.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_F

Re: Bass 700 Module does not work anymore

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Hey Oramon,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community! I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulties with your Bass Module but I'd be happy to advise.

Have you had the chance to plug the module into a different power socket, or use a different power cable from another system? This will let us know whether the cause of the issue is the cable or module.

If you continue to find no improvement, I'd recommend reaching out to local support and looking into the available service options. The team will be more than happy to walk you through and help you have your issue resolved. Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sam_F

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Hey Oramon,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community! I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulties with your Bass Module but I'd be happy to advise.

Have you had the chance to plug the module into a different power socket, or use a different power cable from another system? This will let us know whether the cause of the issue is the cable or module.

If you continue to find no improvement, I'd recommend reaching out to local support and looking into the available service options. The team will be more than happy to walk you through and help you have your issue resolved. Let me know how you get on!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Jester905
Participant
Registered since

Jan 21, 2021

I have the same problem with my unit.

I am from Brunei. Through an authorised local distributor here in Brunei (AV electronics) I have purchased a Bose bass module 700 in 2019 and it is now not working. When I switched on the power, the indicator light didn’t switch on. I tried using a different power adapter from another Bose device but it did not work as well. Tried switching off and on (resetting), also without success.

I read from another thread that some users have also experienced the same problem. It seems there was a known problem with the power circuit board and they got it repaired via warranty.

Unfortunately my unit is no longer under warranty. I would like to get a replacement part for the power circuit board and I want to fix it myself or get someone to do it for me. I really would like to get this fixed given the investment I made. I have the Bose Soundbar 700 and Bose rear speakers working well.

There is no local Bose service here. The closest option is sending it to Singapore or Malaysia, which is expensive.

I hope someone help me with this. Thanks.

Grezmel71
Participant
Registered since

Mar 28, 2021

Bose 700 Bass unit

My Bose 700 Bass unit has randomly stopped working. It's recognised by the Bose Music app (Android), however produces no sound. The soundbar and rear speakers work fine.

Ive removed and re-added the bass unit from the app, but it's still not working. 

Is there a way to factory reset the bass unit?

Pfunks
Advocate
Registered since

May 9, 2019

Re: Bose 700 Bass unit

When is the software update going to be released to fix this problem?