Erik2
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 4, 2019

Bass Module 500 Slow Wake From Sleep with Soundbar 500

Recent purchased the Soundbar 500 and the Bass Module 500.

The Bass Module 500 is configured to work over the 3.5mm connectivity option instead of wireless.

But, it takes a long time (1-2 minute) for the Bass Module to wake from sleep which is not present if I use the wireless option.

This is certainly not ideal and annoying. Are there anything can be done to fix this? 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Bass Module 500 Slow Wake From Sleep with Soundbar 500

Hi Erik2, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am sorry to hear that your Bass Module is a little slow to power on and would love to assist you further. 

Can you please attempt to reset the Bass Module 500 via pressing and holding the button on the back of the bass module until the status light blinks white will clear all connection information and will return the bass module to the original factory settings. Once this reset is complete, the light blinks amber and the bass module will need to be reconnected to the soundbar.

I look forward to hearing back from you on the result of this and if anyone else experiences this same delay please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Erik2
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 4, 2019

Hi Hector,

I performed the reset several times and it is still the same.

The Bass Module is able to wake up almost instantly even when I left it unused for several hours if I configured it in wireless mode.

But, upon switching to wired connectivity, there is always a 1-2 minute delay before the bass module kicks in.

Hi Erik2, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

I can confirm that I have just tested this on the system that we have in the office and can confirm that the output was the same as your set up. I believe this is down to the fact that it may take a moment or two when the Soundbar is turned on to transmit any audio to the Bass Module to turn it on, whereas over the wireless connection the Soundbar instantly sends a signal to the Bass Module. 

I would love to raise this as a feature request to our development team to look into improving the response time! If anyone else in the community would also like to see this process made faster then please do let us know. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Erik2
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 4, 2019

Hi Hector_B,

Appreciate your effort to replicate the setup and identifying this minor issue with the product.

I would love to see such enhancement in a future firmware update.

Regards