Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Bass Module 700 “popping” / “fluttering”

I have been using soundbar 700 with bass module 700 since 3 months and the “popping” / “fluttering” noise is getting worse day by day i.e it increased no. of times occurrence. This noise spoils the mood to listen something. Please suggest good solution to it and I would like to avoid cables running as much as possible.  

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Bass Module 700 “popping” / “fluttering”

Author Accepted Answer selected by Vivek M

Hey @Vivek M,

Thanks for the perfect detail 🙂

I think that's identified the root cause of your issue - the internet router. The Soundbar 700 and Bass Module 700 utilize a similar frequency (5 GHz to be exact) to that of which many internet routers use to transmit data. As such, being located so close to each other may typically result in the interference that you're experiencing - in the form of fluttering, or sometimes popping. 

Is it possible to relocate the bass module, or router, to an alternative position within your room? This could even be on the opposite side of the room - the Bass Module 700 has a wireless range of up to 30 feet (9 m) from the soundbar. If this isn't physically possible, my recommendation would be to use the 3.5 mm auxiliary connections instead. I appreciate your desire for as few cables as possible, but in some instances, it may be unavoidable. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

have you try with a jack cable connection ( to check if it is interference or harware issue)?

For me, Bose after sale changed a component and I plugged it by cable, no more problem for the moment

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Yes, with 3,5mm jack no popping / fluttering issue. I would like fix this issue without cables. Is there any chance ?

Highlighted
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

Have you your router near the SW ?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @Vivek M,

Hope you're enjoying your Soundbar 700 and bass module! Sorry to hear of the issues you're experiencing. 

As noted by @Weibull81, fluttering sounds, from the bass module specifically, are typically caused by wireless interference. As you've tested using a 3.5 mm auxiliary cable and the issue stopped, that may confirm the issue to being interference. Can you tell us a little about the physical environment that the soundbar and bass module are in - are there any other devices or pieces of electronic equipment nearby? Do you have neighbors to either side of your home - or above/below if in an apartment? 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Hello Andy 

Thanks for your reply!

I have placed soundbar in front of Sony TV 55", beside TV the router is placed 8cm away and the base module is placed 18cm away from router.

I.e TV/soundbar(leftside)---8cm---Router-----18cm-----Bass Module. 

Yes, we are living in the apartment in ground floor middle flat (3flats in each floor) and total 4 floors.  

Thanks again! 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Author Accepted Answer selected by Vivek M

Hey @Vivek M,

Thanks for the perfect detail 🙂

I think that's identified the root cause of your issue - the internet router. The Soundbar 700 and Bass Module 700 utilize a similar frequency (5 GHz to be exact) to that of which many internet routers use to transmit data. As such, being located so close to each other may typically result in the interference that you're experiencing - in the form of fluttering, or sometimes popping. 

Is it possible to relocate the bass module, or router, to an alternative position within your room? This could even be on the opposite side of the room - the Bass Module 700 has a wireless range of up to 30 feet (9 m) from the soundbar. If this isn't physically possible, my recommendation would be to use the 3.5 mm auxiliary connections instead. I appreciate your desire for as few cables as possible, but in some instances, it may be unavoidable. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Hello Andy,

Thanks for the solution ! 

I have changed the router location from TV`s left side to right side then the popping issue has stopped. 

I have an another problem when I connect my Homespeaker 300 with soundbar 700 using Bose music app group speaker option, speaker works well but too much sound delay. How can I solve this problem. 

Highlighted
Community Manager

@Vivek M - Happy to hear the issue is now resolved with the popping. 🙂

What sources are you using when grouping the Soundbar 700 and Home Speaker 300 - is this specifically TV audio sources? If so, your experience is to be expected. The audio is sent from your TV, to the soundbar. The soundbar then sends the audio over the internet for processing to our servers, where it is then sent back to your home, and sent to the grouped Home Speaker. Due to this signal path, sources like TV videos will be typically out of sync from the audio you hear back. You may find the Surround Speakers more suitable for this use, specifically if the speakers will be in the same room. They are designed for use in audio/video settings with a TV system and the Soundbar 700.

The Bose Music app enables you to delay the audio playing through the Soundbar 700, so that it is in-sync with the grouped speakers. This will, however, still cause a delay between the picture on the screen and the audio playback. To do this, within the Bose Music app, select the soundbar, and tap the icon of the product in the bottom-right of the screen. Tap "Settings", then tap "AV Group Sync". Here, you'll have two options.

• Sync With TV syncs the sound from your soundbar only to the picture shown on the connected TV. 
  • Sync With Group syncs the sound from your soundbar to the sound playing from all other grouped speakers.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 2, 2020

Soundbar 700 possible setup for 5.1 surround system.

Dear Experts,

Im using soundbar 700 with sub module 700 and I really satisfied with the sound quality while listening to music but for watching movies I feel some lag with surround sound. Is there any possibility to upgrade the system to get at least 5.1 surround sound?

Thanks in advance 

Regards

Vivek